Farm eggs

chairman

I might have found a new way to approach farmers for permission.

Near where I live, there are a large number of farms that it would seem there is no vermin control in place.

Most of these farms sell fresh eggs so what better way to speak to the land owner than when paying for a dozen eggs and taking the opportunity to talk about shooting.

I have tried this method four times in the last week and either obtained permission or been directed to other farms where I have also been able to secure permission so now have an additional 200 plus acres over four farms.

The interesting thing is that all these farms have had local shooters that have either not bothered or have been asked to leave because, as one farmer put it, he was fed up with shooters squabbling over his land so he removed them all.

I visited one farm yesterday for a survey and was disappointed by the amount of empty rusty cartridges that had been left around. I picked up over 75 in about 20 mins. Not good at all.

Only problem now is what do I do with 5 dozen fresh eggs.

Regards

Chairman

I might have found a new way to approach farmers for permission.

Near where I live, there are a large number of farms that it would seem there is no vermin control in place.

Most of these farms sell fresh eggs so what better way to speak to the land owner than when paying for a dozen eggs and taking the opportunity to talk about shooting.

I have tried this method four times in the last week and either obtained permission or been directed to other farms where I have also been able to secure permission so now have an additional 200 plus acres over four farms.

The interesting thing is that all these farms have had local shooters that have either not bothered or have been asked to leave because, as one farmer put it, he was fed up with shooters squabbling over his land so he removed them all.

I visited one farm yesterday for a survey and was disappointed by the amount of empty rusty cartridges that had been left around. I picked up over 75 in about 20 mins. Not good at all.

Only problem now is what do I do with 5 dozen fresh eggs.

Regards

Chairman

Do the same as the Farmers, a table in your front garden put them up for sale and get your money back :lol: you may even make a profit.

But don't get caught by the Farmer :no: