Few questions im unsure on

Robc.22tactical

Hi all remember me ?

Just wanna start off and say thanks to colin lad and mungolee for a good night the other night i really enjoyed it you helped me get a better understanding on things cheers fella's..

Right so i know my first post came out wrong i.e in wrong topic , my attitude , language and so on so sorry for that :) But im back and trying harder to please you all im just confused on wot insurance i need i have heard of different prices would i need a basc thats like £48 i think or the 21+ basc members for £41 also heard can get for aslow as £25 so can anyone shed some light on this and also im hopeing to see a guy who owns some stables soon about a perm be good if it happends ....

Well, STRICTLY speaking you don't NEED any insurance. It's not like driving a car, where it's illegal to drive and not have it. However, no shooter in their right mind would go around with a gun without it! You're right in that you can get it as low as that, I think the British Air Shooters Association do it about that. However I've only heard bad things about them. You're far better to go with a reputable organisation. BASC, Countryside Alliance and the National Gamekeepers' Organisation all insure shooters in their membership. It's usually £40-50. I'm with the NGO and it's £40 i think. The cover is Third Party £10m with a £250 excess, but it's not just about the cover. It's also about the support you get. NGO and Basc have legal advice teams to call on if the need arises. Plus all the money goes not just in pocket lining but to actually support the sport as a whole. It's about conservation work, preservation of the sport, providing opportunities and training to young shooters and those in the shooting trade. You don't get stuff like this with BASA and their cover is only £2m.

Getting insurance is a big winner for helping you get permission. I went with the NGO because it's what the gamekeepers down here recommended. But you're never going to be worse off for having BASC membership! Hopefully you'll never need it, but in the horrible case where you do, it's nice to know you'll be looked after!

SACS (Scottish Association of Country Sports) has excellent cover for only £36, everything from tiddler bashing in the local canal to full bore rifle hunting for venison! Excellent legal cover and very friendly too (Elspeth in the office is great).

Indeed they do, in fact you can get it for £26 as a group member from the Hunting Life forum. It was mentioned two or three times on the last thread this chap started but he's overlooked that information and started another thread on it.

Oh yeah i read other thread earlier and see it lol my own fault :D soo to carry on this post i have had the worst day as far as shooting is concerened went gun range ealier only for the guy to tell me its full all day with parties thought to myself cheers pal sed on website there was space at 2:30pm guess not lol so i went around a few golf clubs only for them to either say no or that they have someone so search for a perm is on hold till next weekend now as got work and baby to sort out 2moz

Been looking at the old knife making and stock crafting think about a weekday project after work for a few hours i have never made either befor and have no idea how any advice on this please ??

Can i buy like a knife kit to put together for a first attempt to see how things work or will i have tobuy pieces ??

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is driving me mad.

Every time I see the title I get All Saints' song 'Never Ever' stuck in my head! Anyone who was a teenager in the 90's should know why...

Been looking at the old knife making and stock crafting think about a weekday project after work for a few hours i have never made either befor and have no idea how any advice on this please ??

Can i buy like a knife kit to put together for a first attempt to see how things work or will i have tobuy pieces ??

You can by the whole thing as a kit and has instructions as well. I don't know about the quality of the steel, but as a first attempt, this sort of thing might be the way to go?

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/bushcraft-knife-making-kit.html