camo car

la bala

Just a thought but years ago they stopped making cars in British racing green as it was thought that they was involved in more crashes as on country roads they would blend in with the background so one has to wonder if people cover there cars/trucks with camo if it was involved in an crash could it not be argued that it was an unsafe vehicle as other people could not see it coming on windy country roads I wonder what the insurance people have to say on this subject.

So, if you wrap a car you don't have to notify insurance as a 'modification'? or tell DVLA?

Must cost a fair bit to wrap a whole truck

Nope, but it's a modification!

Ah i see, should have read all the posts before blabbing haha.

Always makes me laugh that they raise the premium if you modify it for anything other than speed enhancement. Do you get a reduction if you modify the brakes as you are less likely to crash?

Nope, but it's a modification!

but you still don't need to inform insurance or DVLA as its not permanant,

its far easy to just paint them camo, and change colour on log book to green/black, so are you telling me you would then phone the insurance and say, I've modded my car, its no longer red, its green and black???? I can imagine the laughter on other end of phone

IMAG0267.jpg

but you still don't need to inform insurance or DVLA as its not permanant,

its far easy to just paint them camo, and change colour on log book to green/black, so are you telling me you would then phone the insurance and say, I've modded my car, its no longer red, its green and black???? I can imagine the laughter on other end of phone

IMAG0267.jpg

Ive worked for an insurance broker. If you modify your car in any way whether it be an accessory (tow bar etc) or a modification you must inform them. Check your small print.... I've known of a company not paying out because a young lad had fitted a K&N induction kit. Is that permanent or temporary? It can be removed, as can alloy wheels! Are they permanent!!

• 2 weeks later...