Roost Shooting Tips please.

Joshcup11

Hi all.

Going down to the fishing ponds i maintain(cut the grass,keep it looking good) as it is surrounded in trees which are alive with Pigeons at night. I live in lincolnshire. Just wondering what time you should say i'd get down there to shoot them as they are coming to roost? There are also a flock of canada geese there. What gram carts and shot will i need for them?

Thanks all.

Josh

hi Josh, i would get there for the pigeons at about 4.30pm at this time of year and sit there while it starts to get dark.wear camo inc face veil and keep still.

as for the geese i have'nt shot that many but 36gms of no3 steel did the trick for me. just keep the ranges sensible.

aga man.

Hi all.

Going down to the fishing ponds i maintain(cut the grass,keep it looking good) as it is surrounded in trees which are alive with Pigeons at night. I live in lincolnshire. Just wondering what time you should say i'd get down there to shoot them as they are coming to roost? There are also a flock of canada geese there. What gram carts and shot will i need for them?

Thanks all.

Josh

I would leave the geese alone, unless there is a good reason for shooting them.

• 3 weeks later...

I would leave the geese alone, unless there is a good reason for shooting them.

I don't really shoot geese that often as there are not many on the land I shoot.

Genuine question, I don't understand why you would leave them unless they are not Canada geese.

There is a marina not far from me where they are popping the eggs of Canada geese to cull the numbers as they cant shoot them.

Edited by Actionpigeons

• 2 weeks later...