a1 neoprene decoys

Hello,

Sorry you feel that way. In certain light they do look great, and despite them being slightly dark we still get excellent reviews on them! I have spoken to my boss about the colour and we are in the process of making them more or less the same colour of the FUDs.

Kind regards,

Oscar

To be fair, you cannot really tell whether they are good or not just because the pigeons ignored them.

I have had instances where I was using prodecoys, which are very similar, and a friend was using new flocked decoys, and the birds just ignored his and were dropping straight into mine. Another day and it's the other way around.

Likewise, we were once in the same field about 200 yards apart, both using exactly the same decoys, even a similar pattern. the birds were flying straight past mine to get to his decoys. Hardly any came into my set up.

On another day, or another time of year, they may just drop into them perfectly.

The old pigeon shooters favourite saying, "Different days, different ways." is so true.

It's easy to blame your 'tools' of the job when the birds don't play ball. Naming and shaming a company and it's products, just becaus you had a bad day on the pigeon, is a bit naughty in my opinion. there are so many other factors that could exlain why the birds wheren't coming into your decoys. As Caeser said, what works one day won't neccessarily work the next!

Not impressed by the way they spin round on the pegs they are supplied with,they end up all facing with their tails into the wind which does'nt look right at all in any pattern.

E-mailed seller about this problem and the response was,no one else complaining end of.

Not very good customer support in my eyes!

Not impressed by the way they spin round on the pegs they are supplied with,they end up all facing with their tails into the wind which does'nt look right at all in any pattern.

E-mailed seller about this problem and the response was,no one else complaining end of.

Not very good customer support in my eyes!

The design has been changed so the pegs cannot spin. I am sure that the reply you recieved would not have been that blunt, we would have explained the situation and given you a chance to return them if you were not happy.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Oscar

Edited by Oscar@A1

I have also got some of these decoys and found the same problem, they just spin round in the wind, they look very dark when next to real birds in your pattern, in certain lights they look like ferral's have landed in your pattern, nothing like wood pigeons.

Although saying all this, if it's not windy they do work and they are very light to carry too and from your hide.

I was not happy with the colour and eventually sold them , having said that I did shoot some reasonable bags with them including 70 odd where almost every bird decoyed perfectly .

I think the colour thing is perhaps more of a concern to us than the pigeons.

I was not happy with the colour and eventually sold them , having said that I did shoot some reasonable bags with them including 70 odd where almost every bird decoyed perfectly .

I think the colour thing is perhaps more of a concern to us than the pigeons.

I think so, too. I've seen my dad getting pigeons to commit to some of the lightest (almost white) decoys you'd ever see.

At the end of the day you often see wood pigeon feeding alongside ferals of all colours . some years ago I put a couple of ferals on the magnet as it was all I had , woodies still came to the movement.

Excactley! not to mention the corvids feeding nearby, As long as the area looks 'safe' and realistic, It wont matter. imaging you are up in the air looking down, you've got some woodies out in the sunshine, and others feeding closer to the edge in the shade, the colours of the shaded birds would be noticibly darker, than those out in the sun, they are used to seeing variations in the light and dark off thier feeding buddies feathers.

I think so, too. I've seen my dad getting pigeons to commit to some of the lightest (almost white) decoys you'd ever see.

I was watching some pigeons from the top of a large bank dropping into some rape last year the sun was behind me and the wind was in my face and at first I thought they were all white ferals but they were def woodies the reflection of the sun def made them appear to look white.