Recommend me an air rifle

double10

the biggest difference to the user is that you can look through the scope and see the shot land... a thing you can't really achieve with the scope jump on a springer. A nice novelty when doing targets, but also good for keeping your eye on the rabbit and reloading for a second shot or a second bunny without having to move your head.

You can actually just depends on which springer and technique. Follow through is actually essential with springers, if you not able to get it modify your hold or change the gun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have decent permission and rabbits $400 will pick you up a very nice scoped up CZ 452 in .22 lr, just saying beats the heck out of a 12 ftlb air rifle. I see an airgun mail order advert in one of the comics I have here (bought last week while waiting for some profile cutting doing sat in Starbucks for an hour) says you can get a brand new HW95 springer 3.5-10x44 OA, IR gameking Scope, mounts, gunslip and 500 pellets £370 (so well within budget). There is no bunny that should be anything other than dead at sensible range with such a rig. Spend a bit later on having a v-mach conversion and it will be an awesome vermin gun within the bounds of any airgun. Second hand you could way better that, exactly how many bunnies are you wishing to shoot? over how much ground? Selling the existing might make things easier, having been there personally there is no point collecting such guns

ah yes I would love a cz, problem is I'm not yet old enough to buy one...and I'm the only one in my family that shoots so getting an FAC is slightly tricky as my parents would have to get the licence and buy the gun etc but without them shooting too the chances of them getting the certificate are slim :/ anyways, I have reserved a hatsan at a shop with scope and moderator for £335 in walnut and will keep the bipod from current gun. How much would I get for a decent nick gamo whisper with a hawke scope? (not sure which model scope but cost us £60 new)

Oooh they look good in wood.

Want a Hatsanesque tip to keep that walnut in top condition?

Get yourself down to the supermarket and buy some walnut oil, thats right the stuff made from crushed walnuts and a pack of Jaycloths. Simply put a little walnut oil on your palm, rub the stock until your hand gets hot, do that to the entire stock then leave to dry overnight and polish with the jaycloth. Works like a charm on the walnut.

Lovely gun!

Oooh they look good in wood.

Want a Hatsanesque tip to keep that walnut in top condition?

Get yourself down to the supermarket and buy some walnut oil, thats right the stuff made from crushed walnuts and a pack of Jaycloths. Simply put a little walnut oil on your palm, rub the stock until your hand gets hot, do that to the entire stock then leave to dry overnight and polish with the jaycloth. Works like a charm on the walnut.

Lovely gun!

thanks for the tip :good: should probably try that on my beretta too!

I was planning to use my bipod but it fixes to the barrel and due to the air tank protruding to the base of the moderator, is there a style of bipod that would fix to this gun?

cheers

You want the RFD to fix a set of QD studs to the stock, there is a lot of walnut there so don't worry.

Under no circumstances use a bipod that clamps to the barrel. It will affect your aim as the barrel will flex, even a minute amount is enough to through you a couple of CM down range!

I only use a Harris bipod, as I had a lot of problems with a Harris copy that wound up almost breaking my hand. There are copies, up to you what you get. The advantage with a QD stud bipod is you can then fit a nice sling to the rifle which makes lugging it about when roaming the permission a lot lot easier!

DSC00256_zpsbec56401.jpg

As an example!

Whoa 12 magazines? What was the drop in point of impact? If none I am well surprised! The damned things are now even better than when I had mine.

My Harris copy was a Deben, the rubber pads came off and had to be gaffer taped in place before the stock got marked, then the pins that hold the bipod to the std came out, these were put back in place and soldered by the RFD, then the spring came off the top of the bipod when I extended a leg and smacked me in the knuckles, then it got thrown in the bottom of a 14 ft ditch full of water!

Some of them are very good apparently, my knuckles are never taking the risk again!

12 mags to get it down to 50 bar, when I got it the scope was set shooting flat at 35 yards so half a mil dot compensation at 50 yards and by the end of shooting it was still only 1 mil dot and blasting through heinz cans but I think it's just best to stay above 100 bar. Loving the accuracy though!

12 mags to get it down to 50 bar, when I got it the scope was set shooting flat at 35 yards so half a mil dot compensation at 50 yards and by the end of shooting it was still only 1 mil dot and blasting through heinz cans but I think it's just best to stay above 100 bar. Loving the accuracy though!

With my one I used to put through 4 mags and refill, don't know why just did haha.

I find plinking really fun - I once emptied a whole divers bottle in a day at the Maldon and District Airifle Club. could easily rinse through a tin of pellets. Now days I can't remember when I last actually brought some ammo.

Depends entirely on how much you let drain out etc...

Quite a lot of fills from a 3 litre. Sure someone knows some more science behind it that me.

Heavy old things to lug around though!

How are you enjoying the Hatsan now? Still plinking away?
I used to set up a small bell and old frying pan at 70 yards at a range in Maldon and used to plink away trying to him them for fun - more missed than hit but was quote good fun :-)

thanks^^

I think it's a 232bar though. Haven't managed to get plinking in a whole 5 days :no: ! back at school now so it's only the odd weekends when I can get back out but still a great gun :good:

was thinking of trying it out for a bit of lightweight sport rifle but not sure if it's under 4.5kg?

If you want to improve your gamo i.e smooth it out get it tuned or do it yourself. But 400 you could get a second hand air arms.

If you decide to get the gamo tuned either send it to welsh willy or order one of his spring kits.

I have a crosman tr77 and that is a really light gun aswell and sufferd with muzzle flip i added weight near the front of the stock in my case i put a big heavy scope on and some sticky weights that go on golf clubs inside the stock and it stopped the muzzle flip i also stripped it and de-greased it cleaned and polished the piston, chamber spring ends re greaseed with a small amount of good quality grease and it is really smooth not brilliant but its capable of 5p groups out to 35-40 yards. It will be better once my welsh willy kit comes and fitted.

But as for a pre charge you can pick up second hand air arms s200 around £200 mark and second hand stirrup pump for 50-80

Filler pipe or whip about £10 to £15 depends on length loads on Ebay.

Filler probe for an hatsan AT 44 £12 to £17 again loads on Ebay.

Or you can get both from best fittings at a reasonable price.

www.best-fittings.co.uk Probe £15.00 Micro bore fill Pipe £17.50

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER