New in Dorset

Hello everyone, useful site you have here ! By way of brief introduction - As a younger man I was an avid fan of Shooting and back in the good old days I owned a couple of shotguns and assorted air rifles. At the time I lodged in N.Yorks with a gamekeeper and his wife. The estate he managed was both varied and large giving me countless hours of pleasure, mostly helping with vermin. Ahhh those were the days :)

My guns were sold some years ago after moving to Poole, during a period of personal financial "austerity" and also partly as I no longer had access to any shooting. I also handed back my SGC.

Anyway last year, and now having a good size back garden in Ferndown,near Bournemouth ,I bought an Air Arms S200 just for target fun and a little vermin work. What a lovely little gun for the money, super accurate, light and well put together. Big smiles all round.

This year I plan to try my hand at a little competition. I Have been considering Attending a FT event to get an idea of what it's about, any suggestions on anything fairly local would be appreciated. I visit Parkstone gun club occasionally as a guest just to use their range but find I would much rather be outside enjoying a bit of fresh air !

Of course it goes without saying, I would also love to do a little vermin control again. Seems to be hard to find though in this part of the world.

Would be great to get a message from any members who live locally.

Hi.

I live in Poole

Christchurch gun club (Andy Grimes) have a decent air rifle set up, both an outdoor range and a woodland FT setup with the odd friendly comp.

Theres also a good gun club on the airport of which I am a range officer: Hurn Rifle and pistol club.

I've also got some pest control permissions locally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...