Ratting

Shooterluke

Hi im after a ratting setup i have a air arms 410 an my parents are having a rat problem ( they live infront of a farm) my dads lent my gun but his struggling to use the scope he (bad eyes) he cant make them out so im after for him a lazer for on scope can anyone recomend a setup thanks for ratting thanks luke

Hi im after a ratting setup i have a air arms 410 an my parents are having a rat problem ( they live infront of a farm) my dads lent my gun but his struggling to use the scope he (bad eyes) he cant make them out so im after for him a lazer for on scope can anyone recomend a setup thanks for ratting thanks luke

in all honesty, if his eye's are that bad he should not be shooting live animals, pest or no pest they still have laws protecting their dispatch, maybe forget the lazer for the moment (cant see how that will make his focus any better) and get him down to spec savers first

Get yourself something like this Luke..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-501B-CREE-Red-light-LED-1M-Flashlight-Torch-Mount-Pressure-Switch-/261286274208?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item3cd5e024a0

Look around and you'll find one with a battery and a charger. I would start with a white one. When they get used to it (and they will) change to a red lens or put a sweet wrapper around it. When they get used to that try green or blue.

If there are rats in the farm you'll never get rid of them completely but if you clean away any possible sources of food, and combine the shooting with traps and poison, you could minimise the numbers getting into your parents property.

A low floodlights and a silenced 410 maybe a better than an air rifle if his eyes are bad.

If there are rats in the farm you'll never get rid of them completely but if you clean away any possible sources of food, and combine the shooting with traps and poison, you could minimise the numbers getting into your parents property.

A low floodlights and a silenced 410 maybe a better than an air rifle if his eyes are bad.

It makes sense like I said at #4

because he has bad eyesight I would personally not let him near a 410,can you just imagine the damage he can do, certainly a lot more than with an air rifle, if your father is not up for the job

( due to eyesight problems) then the simple answer is get the pro,s in to sort it,,letting someone loose with a firearm and with very bad eyesight is a disaster waiting to happen , on the other hand the reason you cant help out is ??? .

I think no amount of kit will help the situation at all,, I do think (IMHO) that you should contact pest control

atb Evo

I shoot them aswell there 2 different things having to focus down a scope with the crosshairs and he can see alright but just not focus down a scope thats why evo we are not idiots my dad wouldn't shoot if his eye sight was as bad as you make it out to be taking the mick out of some body who you don't even no the circumstances but thats the thing on here I'm not dissing pw in anyway ) certain users are alright dissing people on a key board and wouldn't say a thing in front of peoples faces an evo im not aiming this at you but it really does boil my (.....) atb Luke

Getting pest controllers in will soon get expensive.

How would your Dad go on looking at a 3 inch screen (ie) NS 50 or NS 200.

It`s both eyes open and a lot less eye strain than looking down a scope.

There`s a few on here that have made there own Night vision for less than £100.

There`s a few on YOUTUBE. My NV i have to look through a night vision Monocular.

An NS 50 or 200 is something you could both use on different Rifles.

And it could be a nice hobby for your Dad.

Putting some bait down and popping some Rats is good fun.

Good Luck.

Russ.

Hi Luke iam with nightsercher on this one.I wear glasses so when I am out shooting rats I was sick of taking glasses off to see through scope.So I made myself a diy NV.Then I just have to look at a screen,and when the nv and gun is set up you or your dad can use it.All parts come from china so you have to wait.Go on airgunforum and click on nightvision you will get all the help to make one your self.Ps just let bad comments blow over your head don't get drawn in.

because he has bad eyesight I would personally not let him near a 410,can you just imagine the damage he can do, certainly a lot more than with an air rifle, if your father is not up for the job

( due to eyesight problems) then the simple answer is get the pro,s in to sort it,,letting someone loose with a firearm and with very bad eyesight is a disaster waiting to happen , on the other hand the reason you cant help out is ??? .

I think no amount of kit will help the situation at all,, I do think (IMHO) that you should contact pest control

atb Evo

That's just not correct, though it depends on the chosen shell. Its not like he is going to be firing slug loads at them a 2" light load is ideal for purpose

• 3 weeks later...