Taking weight off the kit

After nearly 2 years of not firing a shot decoying through ill health and such I'm itching to get out again.

I need the exercise as well to lose some of the body bulk that's built up..... ok fat! :blush:

Been passing the morning trying to cut down on the kit I used to carry, not as easy as I thought it might be , I have been one for taking all the bits a pieces with me, as the majority of my grounds are walk only and can even be very difficult with my barrow, once my bum is parked thats where it stays as much as possible, no longer the young fit man I used to be more ole flatulent person (PW correct) with bus pass and pension.

I bought a bucket seat and thought light load it and it would be fine, but it holds nothing like I'm used to taking, so saw out and cut down my small set of 3 fibreglass tent/hide poles to fit in the bucket with stays and pegs, a lightweight cut down net, 60 cartridges, ear protectors, hat, gloves, 12 modified FUD's, 5 peckers to go with them including spare batteries, knife and quarry bag all up weight less than 6.3 kilo plus room for my flask and sarnies.

I am happy with that weight just the gun to add to that for my fresh start.
I could add magnet , flapper, bouncers etc but initialy I'm happy to use the peckers for movement in the pattern.

Didnt realise I had so much kit, made up another 3 sets of decoying kit that are on a bigger scale but think they will wait to get use'd if and when I can lift them :yes:

Edited by deny essex

After nearly 2 years of not firing a shot decoying through ill health and such I'm itching to get out again.

I need the exercise as well to lose some of the body bulk that's built up..... ok fat! :blush:

Been passing the morning trying to cut down on the kit I used to carry, not as easy as I thought it might be , I have been one for taking all the bits a pieces with me, as the majority of my grounds are walk only and can even be very difficult with my barrow, once my bum is parked thats where it stays as much as possible, no longer the young fit man I used to be more ole flatulent person (PW correct) with bus pass and pension.

I bought a bucket seat and thought light load it and it would be fine, but it holds nothing like I'm used to taking, so saw out and cut down my small set of 3 fibreglass tent/hide poles to fit in the bucket with stays and pegs, a lightweight cut down net, 60 cartridges, ear protectors, hat, gloves, 12 modified FUD's, 5 peckers to go with them including spare batteries, knife and quarry bag all up weight less than 6.3 kilo plus room for my flask and sarnies.

I am happy with that weight just the gun to add to that for my fresh start.

I could add magnet , flapper, bouncers etc but initialy I'm happy to use the peckers for movement in the pattern.

Didnt realise I had so much kit, made up another 3 sets of decoying kit that are on a bigger scale but think they will wait to get use'd if and when I can lift them :yes:

Well done Den.....According to the 4x4 thread running during the week, you can just drive around and shoot stuff... :oops: as by walking you cant cover the land

:lol:

Glad you are getting out on your pins

TEH

I think that's the way to go mate to be honest :yes: I tend to travel pretty light myself lately,if the birds are going to decoy they will :yes: BB

I use a bucket seat and found putting a thick webbing shoulder strap on it helped :yes: might be an idea for you :good:

post-16664-0-19219600-1395431195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluebarrels

Hi

Well done on getting back into it

O

Alternate method you may find a young lad usefull

Find a keen one

Load him up with all your gear and spare gun and extra ammo

Walk the long way round you can take more exercise as you have nothing to carry

You must emphasise that lad remains still

So obviousley he can't shoot

Pay particular attention to fall of dead birds and go immediately after wounded ones (saves dog food )

Carry all gear back memory test here you go short way he goes long way your tired so much shooting he needs to build up strength

Inbuilt excuse for bad day

Lad frightened them off

Good day your a hero tell him its always like that. And was better in your youth

More reasons to go shooting

Can't disappoint the lad

Hope you get some good days

All the best

Of

Ps if you find one like mine you just won't believe what they can eat and break

Hi

O

Find a keen one

Pay particular attention to fall of dead birds and go immediately after wounded ones (saves dog food )

Carry all gear back memory test here you go short way he goes long way your tired so much shooting he needs to build up strength

Lad frightened them off

Good day your a hero tell him its always like that. And was better in your youth

Can't disappoint the lad

All the best

Of

I did train one from here , but he moaned so much that when he shot a pigeon it wasnt much of a walk to pick up, but when I shot one he had to walk a long ways to pick up. :rolleyes:

He was good at carrying the kit but I couldnt get him to carry me :no:

Now he's field trained and almost house trained I think, I wont mention his name Cos'd hes a good guy. :good:

I did train one from here , but he moaned so much that when he shot a pigeon it wasnt much of a walk to pick up, but when I shot one he had to walk a long ways to pick up. :rolleyes:

He was good at carrying the kit but I couldnt get him to carry me :no:

Now he's field trained and almost house trained I think, I wont mention his name Cos'd hes a good guy. :good:

Hi

Good on you

Have never succeeded with the house training on mine yet

I live in hope

All the best

Of

Hi

O

Find a keen one

Lad frightened them off

Can't disappoint the lad

All the best

Of

Classic........ Top post fella