HIGHWAYMANS SHOOTING GROUND

mda998

• 1 month later...

That was a hard shoot today, very testing targets. A lot of standing around waiting while traps got filled up, it took 4 and a half hours to go round. :sad1:

Had the same experience but enjoyed it, first time there, nice to shoot somewhere different in very pleasant surroundings.

12 stands, not squaded. Took me over 3 1/2 to shoot it too.

Probably won't head back there again for a while just until the novelty of it being a new ground has worn off - anything over 2 - 2 1/2 hours is daft.

Targets were hard, no doubts, and you had to work for everything out there.

If it waeren't for the long delays and waiting around I'd highly reccomend it, but there are delays and a lot of standing around!!!

Nice people, great surroundings.

NB

Have to say it was a great location, with very challenging targets. As has been said it was pretty slow getting around but everyone was friendly (More staff would have helped).

I got the feeling that this is likely to be the last Sporting Registered Shoot for this year with only FITASC scheduled for 7 & 8 June.

Lets hope this comes up next year for a couple of shoots after the game season end, it really was worth the trip. We also tried out the B&B on site - good breakfast and comfy beds!

Our scores were not very good so, if we can make the calendar work, we will be shooting for the South (Good news for the North)