Feo visit for shotgun app

tommoj

They have a chat to get a feel for your personality and to check that what is on the form, their records is correct. They dont set out to catch you out as far as i know. They will quiz you on why you want a cert, the safety and legal aspect.

Check out the BASC website and have a read of the Shotgun Safety Code of Practise leaflet.

https://basc.org.uk/cop/shotgun-safety-code-of-practice/

They dont try to trip you up, its not about that. The questions basically are asked to help determine your personality adn they will look at security arrangements. They probably will start with the first question being why do you want a shotgun? So think about your answer to that, clays, pest control, game shooting etc.

If you have already fitted your cabinet they will look at that and make sure you have secured it suitably. i was advised when arranging my interview that if I was fixing my cabinet and the cabinet had 6 mounting holes, then to use 6 mounting holes.

Seriously though its nothing to worry about. Just out of interest what area are you located in? Under 3 weeks is brilliant turnaround

Staffordshire mate. They have been very good. I already have my cabinet installed and hopefully she's happy with it. I can't budge it anyway. Just need to work out whether to get a o/u or sxs for my first gun. Any preference on here or just what fits and you can shoot well with?

I just spoke about my shooting history and how long id be doing various things. My feo was more intrested in asking questions about my seperation from my wife last January tbh. He tried to move my cabinet and that was about ut. Gave me a a4 sheet of stuff my sgc will be taken off me if I do any of them. The rest of the interview was talking about cameras and how he was looking for a new lens for his camera. I told him id find him one if he pushed my application through quicker.

As said in previous posts they no if you've been a naughty person. They just have a general chat.

Well this one was.

Good Luck Tommo,

I had had some lesson on clays at a local ground and that seemed to make the FEO happy, prob covered the safety aspect? My FEO was a great bloke ex=police officer who actually enjoyed talking about himself lol. Get the kettle on and relax, you have got through the checks so far, so just take down the picture of the prime minister with the crosshairs scratched on and youll be fine.