wild garlic

holly

Just substitute the ordinary garlic for a decent quantity Ramsons leaves, mix it with lots and lots of butter (add grated parmesan and a bit of flat leaf parsley for a sublime experience), then bake in foil.

Try it, you won't regret it.

this will be tried this week :good:

How close to garlic is it?

I eat loads of onions but I don't like garlic. It doesn't really agree with me and I'm not a big fan of the smell either.

Got loads of the wild stuff about the place but have never eaten it, mostly because the word "garlic" turns me away and secondly because I didn't know you ate the leaves.

Not showing here yet though.

How close to garlic is it?

I eat loads of onions but I don't like garlic. It doesn't really agree with me and I'm not a big fan of the smell either.

Got loads of the wild stuff about the place but have never eaten it, mostly because the word "garlic" turns me away and secondly because I didn't know you ate the leaves.

Not showing here yet though.

i would say its more like chives /spring onions ,.

Got to feature big time in May I reckon.

i expect so. i'm planning on doing a few store cupboard things from wild foods this year. hopefully from my guns, veg patch,foraging and chickens I should be nearly self sufficient this year. Just need to figure out how to milk Cheryl so i can make cheese.

Edited by hendersons

i expect so. i'm planning on doing a few store cupboard things from wild foods this year. hopefully from my guns, veg patch,foraging chickens I should be nearly self sufficient this year. Just need to figure out how to milk Cheryl so i can make cheese.

Don't go there mate.......... Leave it to the nippers

I broke the rules some time back and pinched a bit from the wild - its now growing in profusion in the spinney and round the house. The leaves are about 4 " long and really tasty. Its a less intense but unmistakable flavour -really clean and superb in cookery of all sorts. I was roost shooting saturday and munched quite a bit whilst waiting for the birds - try it, you wont regret it.

P.S. I used to hate garlic of any sort and though it put my stomach off. Just persist a little bit, its a very good health food and grows on you. Superb in winter veg soup and being mild, the wild stuff adds falvour with being overpowering. - Ack Ack, I'll find that variety I promised you now I remember.

Cheers all

I found acres of this yesterday in a local park mostly growing at the side of a stream.

Foolishly I pulled some off and chewed it then my 4 year old granddaughter saw me so she wanted some, gave her some, she didnt like it, so granny chewed my ear for giving it her :lol::lol:

I brought some home to put on a cheese sandwich :good::good:

Regards

H