Clay ground driveways....

Ralphster

Disagree ! Catton hall frodsham has very decent road all the way in , the Tarmac on the private road is much better than the council road and is reasonable on clays too , any body else agree ? Worsley how ever !!! The car wash on the main road must make a packet

I agree with the 'bad road' comments about Worsley, but in their defence, they are renting the ground and in the past have had a lot of problems with the Landlord and complaints from the owners of the cottage. (Old Keepers Cottage). At least the potholes keep the speed down on MOST vehicles. I had occasion to speak to the occupier of the cottage and his complaint was the speed of some of the vehicles passing his front door and the attitude of their drivers if asked to slow down. You could imagine the speed of those idiots if the surface was good. The road down to Ribble Bank (Webton) has been resurfaced and the speed of some clowns has to be seen to be believed. On a road where people walk dogs and of course, are possibly visiting an RSPB reserve, why give them the opportunity to moan about the 'shooters'. That is how grounds get closed.

Nature of the beast :| almost all of them leave a little to be desired, I'd happily pay a quid more for flat, mud free parking but unfortunately there seems to be no real correlation there in entry fees either. Now closed, Caterham used to be horrible as is Horne, Abbey, Willow Farm, Southdown and Dartford which feels like traversing zombie landscape.

Short and curlies I'm afraid, they think nothing of £36 for your entry but won't spend on simple infrastructure.

Everytime I've been to Worsley I've hit the bottom of my car on the way in and out. Cutting speed is one thing but that is a disgrace of a lane. I've seen roads in working quarries in better condition.

My local club has a bad driveway in but it's quite short and not bad enough to damage your car.

Figgy

steve smiths .its a short drive from the main road,Jack the owner does try to keep on top of it but there are still a lot of potholes,He does buy quite a lot of road planings to fill the potholes,it really needs new tarmac on the drive and carpark,expensive to to tho.