Clay ground driveways....

Ralphster

Down here in the south we don't have too many problems with the permanent shooting grounds (EJ Churchills, Sporting Targets (Risley), AGL) however some of the Sunday shoots can be quite a challenge even with a 4x4.

As has been said, good roads and parking often go hand in hand with elevated prices. For the grounds with stone drive ways I feel for them as the cost of maintaining them can be astronomical, Oxford Gun Company tries their best but don't always win the battle.

I was told when we started shooting that you buy your shotgun and the 4x4 at the same time!!

Edited by DAVE_B

Park Lodge ,is a hell of a lot better then some i've experienced over the years. No mud as such maybe one or two potholes now and then but certainly nothing to get worried about.

It's good tarmac now all the way - almost to the gate. From then on it's gravel - judging by the number of low slung sporty jobs (self included) that frequent there, there's no drama. (And I once lost a rear bumper at Worsley!)

Shooting lodge at Kelbrook spent a fair lump tarmacing their drive a few years ago. The road out of the village leaves a bit to be desired although patching was marked up to do last time I went up there. I don't think the price went up after the drive was done. So it doesn't always go hand in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting lodge at Kelbrook spent a fair lump tarmacing their drive a few years ago. The road out of the village leaves a bit to be desired although patching was marked up to do last time I went up there. I don't think the price went up after the drive was done. So it doesn't always go hand in hand.

They haven't done anything with the 100 yard ford I drove through when I used my Sat Nav to get there.

I'm amazed I got through it !

Hind and sight spring to mind!

They even say that on their website, but hey, who reads instructions?

Yes but it does shift the mud from underneath. Usually have a day out there after the game season. 100 clays and wash bottom on way home.......result !