E - Petition .22 RF Pistols. Coordinated By Shooting Organisations

Willxx

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62588

This petition was set up by Firearms UK, an association I'm an admin for. We have launched this petition in the hope that with our contacts in other shooting organizations ( many of whom have been extremely supportive ), and with our wider goal of being a proactive organization in defense of ALL shooting sports, we can create a coordinated response to this petition from the shooting community. This is not only in the interests of fostering increased unity and solidarity throughout all the various sections of the shooting community, but in the pursuit of genuine change.

We have seen an overwhelming and increasing response to campaigns in reactive defense of shooting over the last couple of years with the Petition against WHSmiths seeing over twelve thousand signatures, and the petition to the Scottish Govt over airgun licensing almost doubling that. The Firearms UK team strongly believes that as well as a reactive defense of shooting sports, we can not claim progress or success through the continuation of the status quo, and for that reason Firearms UK aims to take more proactive measures to defend and protect shooting sports. However we are unable to achieve any of this without the support of the shooting community, and for this reason, I humbly urge you all to sign.

James Reynolds - Firearms UK Admin - WHSmiths Petition Founder.

Personal thanks and appreciation to all who support Firearms UK - If you don't know anything about firearms UK Facebook us or check out our website. If you would like to show support please buy some merchandise, the money made from the merchandise is all put directly back into funding campaigns in support of shooting sports. The team put together running firearms UK are all volunteers, and receive no payment for their commitment and dedication to defending shooting sports.

( Note to Mods. If there is already a topic running on the subject of this petition, could you kindly merge threads)

Who are FirearmsUK?,i have looked at their website and they just have a couple of people running it with their christian names and their initials,they only have 124 subscribers.

While i think their petition is worded well,they seem to have popped up from out of nowhere and a large organisation such as BASC,who do not seem to be a recognised supporter,is sending out emails to support this organisation by signing the petition.

Threads have been merged,and my questions have been answered by Demonwolf444,I am now happy.

Signed :good:

Edited by welsh1

Who are FirearmsUK?,i have looked at their website and they just have a couple of people running it with their christian names and their initials,they only have 124 subscribers.

While i think their petition is worded well,they seem to have popped up from out of nowhere and a large organisation such as BASC,who do not seem to be a recognised supporter,is sending out emails to support this organisation by signing the petition.

This why I asked if it was one and the same petition. I didn't see the point in two petitions regarding the same topic, but if it is just one with backing from one of the mainstream organisations then I don't mind signing.

If I recall, firearmsuk is edited and mainly run by a woman, but without going back on the site I can' t recall her name.

As things stand I feel English firearms legislation makes us a laughing stock within the eyes of other nations whose Olympic shooters don't have to journey abroad to train.

I'll be signing.

Edited by Scully