hide chair!

Hur5ty

Those swivel top round bucket type ones are popular. Cabelas. I use a 'directors' style fishing camping type chair.

I prefer a higher seat even if I have to crouch a bit. I think it has a lot to do with the evenness of the ground. A rickety hide chair is uncomfortable and potentially dangerous.

Edited by Thunderbird

I have the bucket with the swivel foam top,does the job nicely.

I did try a nice comfy folding chair last summer,but it was to comfy and I kept having little naps,not ideal when you are supposed to be alert to pigeons popping in,my defence was it was a scorcher of a day and I had worked long hard hours that week :lol:

Depends how tall you are? Im 6"2 and them bucket seats are far too low to the ground! Also suffer with my back, thought long and hard and eventually bought a bergara seat from a local dealer, height adjustable, has a back, swivels and completely collapsable with its own bag....... I will never go back! Cant say enough about it, superb piece of kit!

BUY ONE!

my mate uses one of those folding type fishing chairs, i bought a jack pyke bucket seat which i used for the first time yesterday... bit high so i had to crouch donw in the hide but its height made it easy to stand up for a quick shot, if i was laid back in comfort like my mate i wouldnt have been able to get up in time... but he was more comfortable than me.. those jack pyke buckets are not the most comfortable things to sit on

the best chair i ever had is one that i used to leave in the field.....it was a old secertarys swivel chair made out of steel ...3 legs and a back rest with plastic covered seat

i have an aluminuim flolding chair now with fold up side table....got them from QD about 5-6 years ago

Depends how tall you are? Im 6"2 and them bucket seats are far too low to the ground! Also suffer with my back, thought long and hard and eventually bought a bergara seat from a local dealer, height adjustable, has a back, swivels and completely collapsable with its own bag....... I will never go back! Cant say enough about it, superb piece of kit!

BUY ONE!

Couldn't agree more!......they are great comfy and fully adjustable , well worth it

I've got a plastic "wardrum" ( fancy brand name for heavy duty plastic barrel ) which is in the process of being modified into a chair and trolley, big enough to take most of my gear inside and with a little bit of work it'll be a good height with a backrest! ( Will also be watertight as it will be used for fowling trips on the washes )

I started with a carp fishing trolley, just axle wheels and pull handle, I bolted on a large plastic fishing box by shakespear which holds all my decoys and quite a bit of other kit as well, then I cut and fitted a ply backrest as I like to lean against something, next I purchased a seat swivel unit for fishing boats, and fitted it to the top of the shakespear box, with a cushioned ply seat bolted on top, my nets go in a rucksack, which sits on top of the seat when travelling, I drag it all up the field, set up the hide, then drag the trolley round the field as I lay out the decoys, once its all set I place the trolley inside the hide , nets set at sitting height, and get comfortable, flask of coffee, bag of cartridges , now where did I put that kitchen sink !!!! :lol::lol:

My main chair is the type used in schools/collages with 2 bars welded across the front and back legs, I made a folding seat using rip stop material so it is very strong and ideal if a mega walk is needed to get to the spot....

If I shoot from a ditch or make a hide around a telegraph pole then one of my ditch seats are first choice....

sundaybirds007_zps42982fd2.jpg

TEH

I've got a plastic "wardrum" ( fancy brand name for heavy duty plastic barrel ) which is in the process of being modified into a chair and trolley, big enough to take most of my gear inside and with a little bit of work it'll be a good height with a backrest! ( Will also be watertight as it will be used for fowling trips on the washes )

Time to post some pictures of your creation!