hide chair!

Hur5ty

I use a tripod seat with three 2" square drilled blocks under the legs to stop it sinking in the ground. It folds up nicely and goes in my bag all but 8" of the legs. I had a slightly lower one but found the bend of my knees was too much and began aching over time.

But well worth it mate, trust me i have one!

I have to disagree, mine is very uncomfortable after anything more than a couple of hours. I'm now forced to carry a cushion as I'm not going to bin this expensive seating option. If or should I say when mud gets in the push button legs, they're a nightmare, thumbscrews or anything similar would be better. In my opinion this seat isn't worth the money, the principles a great idea but in reality - not for me

I have to disagree, mine is very uncomfortable after anything more than a couple of hours. I'm now forced to carry a cushion as I'm not going to bin this expensive seating option. If or should I say when mud gets in the push button legs, they're a nightmare, thumbscrews or anything similar would be better. In my opinion this seat isn't worth the money, the principles a great idea but in reality - not for me

You skinny so and so! May I offer a simple and most pleasant solution to your predicament? It's called....

Cake! Just eat a lot more of it and more regularly and you'll soon have the prerequisite amount of portable cushioning available at any time you require. :lol:

In all seriousness, I spent hours on mine at the weekend and didn't find it uncomfortable. But then I do also spend hours a week sitting on a hard stool (not the type that requires Senokot) so perhaps my backside is more used to it?

Edited by mick miller

You skinny so and so! May I offer a simple and most pleasant solution to your predicament? It's called....

Cake! Just eat a lot more of it and more regularly and you'll soon have the prerequisite amount of portable cushioning available at any time you require. :lol:

In all seriousness, I spent hours on mine at the weekend and didn't find it uncomfortable. But then I do also spend hours a week sitting on a hard stool (not the type that requires Senokot) so perhaps my backside is more used to it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If only that were true, gave up smoking (sort of) and put 2 stone on, now hovering around 19st so think I'm putting the chair to the test - or perhaps that's the answer I'm too fat for it B)

• 4 weeks later...

Over the years I have used most seats available from a 5gallon plastic oil drum to an old office swivel chair which as it turned out was one of the best ones ive had , I now use a swivel seat with a backrest bought from A1 decoys , since I have had it I seem to shoot better as I don't worry about my ropey back so much as I can turn my body round to take a shot level with the bird , where as with the old fold up camping chair I had the bottom half of my body was ridged while I was twisting the top half , in my mind I could do it but my body said I couldn't resulting in me taking a couple of pain killers. The down side is the weight and using it more than 3hrs I need to put a extra cushion on top as me ole bum is beginning to feel it.. I find now its as much about relaxing as it is in shooting a few pigeons.

As I usually can't drive to where I want to shoot I have to carry all my gear. The seat I have used for a long time is a fishing box with a haversack type carrying harness, which leaves my hands free to carry poles & gun.Decoys,flapper, lunch etc. go inside,net on top,small cartridge bag & clicker to hand on the outside.I may look like a wandering tinker but I don't care! I'm considering a carp trolley for the days when I'm optimistic & take a slab of shells on the way out, and (hopefully!) a sack of pigeon on the way back. Will try to add a picture.P4250161-001_zps5365b181.jpg