Beretta 1301 comp

brett1985

ive been using the father inlaws M2 on and off for the last 12 months and was definately toying with the idea of getting one, but i cant justify the extra cost for the one i want. plus then i'd have to add the extra on for extended mag, new bolt handle, oversize bolt release, oversized safety and then the bevelling etc.

im not a fan of the mossberg tbh, ive used it and didnt get on with it and it doesnt do it for me in the looks dept...

i like the look and feel of the beretta, and it comes with the enlarged bolt, safety, bolt release and ejection port, and a bevelled loading port out of the box (although i get the feeling i will still end up doing some minor work with the dremel at some point...)

it just seems to tick alot of boxes for me.

ahh.. i figured thats what lylium meant. now i know for sure! lol

with regrads to the mossberg, this may sound daft but i just didnt feel as comfortable shooting it as the benelli or the beretta.

im not knocking it, as its obviously a good gun and well loved, but it just wasnt for me, i suppose it just didnt 'feel' right.

Well that's a good enough reason if any.

I've heard the 1301 has a very small LOP, is that going to be ok with you?

If you have been shooting the M2 and been getting on well with it, have you thought about getting a used one? Then you can do all the associated playing around with it and adding toys and should come in very close to the 1301 budget?

I'm just a huge inertia fan over gas operated.

may well have a look at the stoeger cal, hadnt seen it before tbh. looks wise, its very similar to my es100. which i like alot!

i'd thought about buying a secondhand M2 mark, but in all honesty if i'm spending that kind of money, i want warranty incase it goes wrong. i know my friends m2 has been back twice, once with cycling issues and once with bolt return problems.

i will have a look at the m3000 though, as it looks pretty good, but dont hold your breath as im a self confessed beretta s/a fan... :lol: