Speeding!

aga man

Hi folks, if hypothetically i got clocked by a speed camera today whilst doing 80-85 on a dual carrageway what would the punishment be?

i have been driving for over twenty years but only ever had one speeding ticket many moons ago,so a bit out of touch with the process of being done for speeding.

I have been told by a mate i would probably get £60 fine an 3 points but might be able to endure a safety seminar instead of taking the points. anyone Know for sure?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think you will get a chance to do the speed awareness ,wot was the speed limit

I would presume 70 same as most dual carageways the road is signed as national speed limit applys.

if you can roll a ball over the road and it is stopped by a barrier of some sort it is a 70 if it was to roll over to the other side it's a 50

disagree,getting permission is like winning the lottery.

For some people,paying is their only route into pigeon shooting. I have been trying very hard for over 12 months with limited success. If it wasn't for this forum and some of its members... :good::good::good: I would have given up shooting months ago. I have paid and will continue to pay to ensure I can get out and enjoy the sport..

cheers

Steve

I have been on two of these - take the offer if they make it. You can't ask to go on one - they have to offer. I think the limit is 85 in a 70, and that is true speed, not what is on your dial.

Edited by aris

don't think you will get a chance to do the speed awareness ,wot was the speed limit

if you can roll a ball over the road and it is stopped by a barrier of some sort it is a 70 if it was to roll over to the other side it's a 50

certain it's 70 mate, it is the stretch of a15 between barnatby and humber bridge. the copper was on one of the over head foot bridges.

No, if national speed limit it is 60 or 70. What determines if it is 60 or 70 is if it is single or dual carriage way as per the test you described. Something you learn on a speed awareness course!

maybe I'm wrong but thought dual carriageway is 60 motorway is 70 anyway when you get your hyperthetical ticket you may have the chance to do a safety course

I've been told these are strange as talking to some folk that drive for a living some counties are not linked so you can get away with doing a couple in the

time allowed

certain it's 70 mate, it is the stretch of a15 between barnatby and humber bridge. the copper was on one of the over head foot bridges.

I went on one of the courses been driving 28 years and got caught doing 55 in a 50 ,i was gutted relly up set me ,worst thing was I had put the power to the camaras an hour earlier couldn't believe it ,wot ever the out come good luck

Depends on what you're driving.A work friend got caught doing almost 90mph on a dual carriageway and he received 6 points and a £500 fine because commercial vehicle speed limits are lower that cars.On single carriageway vans can only do 50,on dual carriageways it 60,but on motorways they can do 70mph.

van mate renault kangoo. does it make a difference?

Kangoo you should be ok but were it larger you could even be looking at court for 25mph over. It's one to remember in pickups as well nsl dual carriageways have a 60 limit for commercials over a certain size

If it was manned speed trap - you have been done you will get a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) where the options (if any) will be spelled out.

I'd say £100 and 3 points minimum, sorry. If you had been in a car the advisory speed for a dual carriageway seperated by a barrier is 70, the speed they will do you over is LIMIT +5% +2 mph - which computes to 75/76 mph - take the course if its offered.

I've only been caught twice in a driving life of 40 years and I know it hurts worse then the fine !

I was led to believe you would be fined if you where 10% over the speed limit,,

ie,,,,30mph=33mph,,,40mph=44mph ,,, and so on so if its 70mph then 77mph would be the max so if you are above the 10% then it looks like your getting done kidda

atb and hope it ends well,,,, Evo

Thanks for all the input chaps, and thanks for that link Rupert very useful. a lot of very varied theories here.

I will just have to see if/what the postman brings.

Suprised no one here has been done on that same stretch it's the main commute from lincolnshire into Hull.