daystate regal .22

Cookie69

Hey Guys

last year in-between Christmas & new year to be precise I treated myself to a Daystate regal in 22.

im pretty new to the air gun but my 1st impression was it seemed very flat on power??

and I struggled to get good groupings on zeroing the scope. a few weeks ago I removed the scope to fit new mountings so I could fit torch and NV mounts.

so yesterday I met up with a guy at my local air rifle plinking ground to see if we could get it zeroed in between us.

on arrival I put a couple of pellets through a chronograph the gun had been topped up to 200lb and the reading was 509 on the 1st pellet & 505 on the second.

my mate said it seemed a bit low??

we put out some A4 paper targets at 30 yrds and my mate took 3 or 4 shots. the 1st was within an inch or so of the target, so 1st impression was were not far off the money.

the next 3 shots dropped approx. 9 to 10 inches :sad1:

he said there is something wrong there? and he called over one of the members of the club who has quite some experience and also owns 3 x daystate rifles.

1st thing he said was it seemed o lack power the next few shots did the same for him??

with the help of the guys at the range we begin to use the process of elimination, we checked a couple of things checked the air pressure on gun buy attaching in to someone else's bottle OK.

removed the silencer, still wayward shots.

the lads were scratching there heads and said its only 3 months old get it back to were you bought it.

immediately I packed up and headed to the shop I had it from, explained to them the above and we went out side with the gun and exactly the same.

the guy in the shop said its all over the place.

he went into the shop and came out with a variety of different pellets, I had been using JSB exacts and to be honest the last couple of tins of them have been a bit ropey, but that another story.

anyway all 3 other brands of pellets were wayward, the guy in the shop then phoned daystate and explaind the above and asked them there thoughts.

they immediately told him to remove the shroud and try it.

we did that and bingo more or less on the money.

on closer inspection of the shroud the guy in the shop seen were the pellets were catching the shroud on exit before passing through the silencer.

he said I may have knocked the end of the gun? now this is quite possible but I have only been out with the gun half a dozen times an thought if I had ****** the end of the gun

hard enough to do that to it I would have noticed?? or are they quite delicate ?

I also was looking at another forum were one of the posts was titled your worst riffle,, and at least 2 people said the daystate regal :no: reason being accuracy was **** and if the gun was as accurate as it was good looking it would be a world beater?

this then got me thinking if Daystae had let a few doggy shrouds past quality control?

with the gun being under warranty weather I have knocked it or not am I likely to be stung with a charge or are daystate pretty good at customer care??

the guy in the shop said it was under warranty and never mentioned any possible charge?? the new shroud should be delivered to the shop on Tuesday so ill soon find out

would also be interested if anyone else has had accuracy issues with the regal.

Thanks

Paul

I believe that some people have had issues with Daystate accuracy, I think someone had the shroud touching the bottle which ruined the accuracy. There shouldn't be any charge at all as it's sub standard and they will need to put it right. if they do try to charge you, you have the law on your side so don't hand over any cash (unless they can show that it has taken a big knock, that is).

I'm not a Daystate hater - or a particularly a fan either, but they do seem to get the odd lemon coming from them.

I believe that some people have had issues with Daystate accuracy, I think someone had the shroud touching the bottle which ruined the accuracy. There shouldn't be any charge at all as it's sub standard and they will need to put it right. if they do try to charge you, you have the law on your side so don't hand over any cash (unless they can show that it has taken a big knock, that is).

I'm not a Daystate hater - or a particularly a fan either, but they do seem to get the odd lemon coming from them.

Ok cheers

so I presume it would need quite a clout to effect it then ?

thanks again

Paul

Not familiar with this model but cannot see how pellet can hit the shroud?-Are you sure that its not hitting the silencer adaptor-what moderator is fitted?-If its screw on then the cure is simple?

yes sorry should have been a little clearer in my description, it looks like the pellets are catching on the inside of the screw part of the shroud were the Weihrauch silencer screws on

thanks

cookie if its under warrantee then just take it back to the shop mate,,

daystate will sort it no problem at all because their after sales is brilliant nothing short of the best out there,

I had the huntsman classic(now stolen from me by bi9johnny) one truelly awesome bit of kit,the only fault I had with it was when it left the factory it was shooting 10.6ftlb, to low for me,i rang daystate and they could not have been more helpful mate, I took the rifle in to them had a look at the other guns on offer and 2mins later out came my rifle running 11.6ftlb they would not turn it up any higher as they use jsb exacts to chrono their rifles,

it might not have been you that knocked it,,it may have been the gunshop,courier etc but don't worry bud Daystate will sort it no problem but one thing I will say is it didn,t leave the factory like that,,

after I bought my huntsman many months later one of my shooting buddies tried it and was that impressed he went out and bought two huntsman regals, one for him and one for his son,he has been nothing short of amazed with their accuracy to 45yrds, they are a superbly accurate rifle.

I wouldn,t worry mate as it will get sorted and also you will find free of charge also,Tony Belas is an excellent guy to deal with in and around daystate and daystates aftersales service is the best out there, that's the reason for me buying a NEW wolverine b

Daystate are top of the tree for aftersales even though some of the daystate haters will say it should not have happened,,well lets be honest we are not all perfect and accidents happen

all the best Evo

cookie if its under warrantee then just take it back to the shop mate,,

daystate will sort it no problem at all because their after sales is brilliant nothing short of the best out there,

I had the huntsman classic(now stolen from me by bi9johnny) one truelly awesome bit of kit,the only fault I had with it was when it left the factory it was shooting 10.6ftlb, to low for me,i rang daystate and they could not have been more helpful mate, I took the rifle in to them had a look at the other guns on offer and 2mins later out came my rifle running 11.6ftlb they would not turn it up any higher as they use jsb exacts to chrono their rifles,

it might not have been you that knocked it,,it may have been the gunshop,courier etc but don't worry bud Daystate will sort it no problem but one thing I will say is it didn,t leave the factory like that,,

after I bought my huntsman many months later one of my shooting buddies tried it and was that impressed he went out and bought two huntsman regals, one for him and one for his son,he has been nothing short of amazed with their accuracy to 45yrds, they are a superbly accurate rifle.

I wouldn,t worry mate as it will get sorted and also you will find free of charge also,Tony Belas is an excellent guy to deal with in and around daystate and daystates aftersales service is the best out there, that's the reason for me buying a NEW wolverine b

Daystate are top of the tree for aftersales even though some of the daystate haters will say it should not have happened,,well lets be honest we are not all perfect and accidents happen

all the best Evo

Cheers bob it puts my mind at rest.

can the gun shop set the gun to 11.6ftlb or dose it need to go back to daystate ? and at that power would it be guaranteed not to go over 12ftlbs with any pellet?

sorry if that is a silly question, I suppose I need to get some help to find out what power its generating

Paul

if the gun shop has a daystate trained service engineer then he should be able to set it to 11.6ftlb it only takes a couple of minutes. at 11.6ftlb it will not go over the 12ftlb limit no matter what you put through it bud, I tried everything through mine and not one single pellet sent it over,

jsb exacts 15.89g are also the best pellets we found for accuracy through mine and my buddies 2 x regals by far

let me know how you get on mate and as said don't even worry as I,m 100% sure if the shop doesn,t sort it then daystate will

atb Evo

if the gun shop has a daystate trained service engineer then he should be able to set it to 11.6ftlb it only takes a couple of minutes. at 11.6ftlb it will not go over the 12ftlb limit no matter what you put through it bud, I tried everything through mine and not one single pellet sent it over,

jsb exacts 15.89g are also the best pellets we found for accuracy through mine and my buddies 2 x regals by far

let me know how you get on mate and as said don't even worry as I,m 100% sure if the shop doesn,t sort it then daystate will

atb Evo

cheers Bob

im back up there now taking my evo NV to try it on a new scope

my current scope the crosshair are a little on the bold side :)

I certainly will let you know how I get on I cant wait to see how the riffle performs because im almost certain something hasn't been right from day one.

Paul

Right-you have solved your own problem Cookie69-I had exactly the same problem with mine-even down to it occurring when fitting the HW silencer-its the adaptor that's causing the problem-there seems to have been a batch that were machined with the two threads out of true-this causes the silencer to sit off centre-you can solve the problem by replacing the adaptor and, for extra peace of mind-using a MK5 reflex silencer that screws in place as per usual but also covers 3-4 inches of the shroud and keeps the two perfectly aligned. According to my local G- smith he did 6 or 7 the same last year :no:

Thanks Bruno

I didn't think it was me that had knocked it, the MK5 reflex, this the carbon fibre one?

id did enquire about that silencer when I bought the gun.

the guy who served me in the shop on that particular day didn't rate them??

what's your thoughts?

thanks

Paul

Not as good as the HW unit but reasonable-you must fire a pellet to get the effect because of the way the silencer works-and yes its the carbon version-you will still need a new adaptor but this should come free if yours is faulty. I'm just outside MK which is about an hour from you and you are welcome to come and try the MK5 and my adaptor if it helps-I presume the shrouds are all the same? (my gun is a MK3).

Not as good as the HW unit but reasonable-you must fire a pellet to get the effect because of the way the silencer works-and yes its the carbon version-you will still need a new adaptor but this should come free if yours is faulty. I'm just outside MK which is about an hour from you and you are welcome to come and try the MK5 and my adaptor if it helps-I presume the shrouds are all the same? (my gun is a MK3).

Thanks for the offer Bruno

I have ordered one, it should turn up at the gun shop tomorrow along with the new shroud

cant wait to get out and try it,

Paul

You MIGHT find that, with the MK5 fitted you cannot remove the cylinder end cap to fill the gun-I had this problem. If this is the case then there is an alternative silencer adaptor that has a wider shoulder and moves the silencer away from the end cap by another 4-5mm-my local dealer knew of this problem and got me the adaptor-if you get the problem just let me know and I will identify my particular adaptor by ringing DS and getting the part number. Once everything is fitted and working don't forget to put a little thread lock (light duty) on the larger thread that screws into the shroud.

Edited by bruno22rf

I have no doubt that you are right, evo, but I thought I would mention it just in case-with most guns fitting a mod is simple but after fitting the MK5 to my MK3 I inadvertently gained a degree in mechanical engineering :)

you need a degree to pull the trigger on some rifles now :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: good job weve got ours

atb Bob