My guns a slapper

Scully

Recently bought a Beretta OU sporter and the stock slaps me on the cheekbone when I fire it; not too hard to make it unbearable, but enough to notice. All OU Berettas do this to me. I don't know whether its my build or what it is, but it doesn't happen with Winchester, Browning or Miroku, just Beretta OU's. Do I need to lower the entire stock at toe and heel, adjust the cast or merely shave a bit off the comb, or would it be best to have a proper gun fitting session? I like this gun and don't want to have to let it go.

I suppose I've answered my own question really, just looking for a few opinions.

Just realised this should have been in 'Guns and Equipment'...sorry. Mod's move when you get chance please. :blush:

Edited by Scully

I went the opposite way and bought a gun (or two) with really low combs, 1 is a winchester 101 the second is a maxus, used to give blood with my beretta 687, silver pig S, miroku mk38 x 2, mk60 x1, b25 x 1 , b325 x 3, beretta 303, 391 all tank slippers, the winchester is a little beauty 26" barrel 1/4 and half went to wymondham gun club for the 1st time today and got 42/50 with it, great club really nice atmosphere

Edited by sishyplops