12v solar panel

blade

Thats got me thinking,why cant a magnet turning be use to recharge its own battery?

In theory you could coneect a dynamo/generator/alternator, or whatever you want to call it, to the magnet - then as it rotates it would put some charge back into the battery.

But... if it was 100% efficient it would just put back as much energy into the battery as it takes to turn the generator, so you wouldn't gain anything.

In real life, no system is 100% efficient, so you would put less back in than taken out and so it would just flatten the battery quicker. To be of any benefit it would have to be more than 100% efficient. (which doesn't exist).

Davyo, on 01 Apr 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Thats got me thinking,why cant a magnet turning be use to recharge its own battery?

However if you do manage to get it to work, you will have basically created a perpetual motion machine and will probably win the Nobel Prize in Physics

Quick question to anybody that knows about charging batteries.Could you connect your magnet to your battery and connect a 12v solar panel aswel.So in theory your battery is on charge while you use it ?

In theory it is a workable idea, you would need quite a large solar panel to generate more power than the motor on your magnet would need to turn and actually put any power back in.

Quick question to anybody that knows about charging batteries.Could you connect your magnet to your battery and connect a 12v solar panel aswel.So in theory your battery is on charge while you use it ?

Even it it works I would avoid it as I am looking at how to reduce what I carry, not increase it!

I have a solar panel which is aprox 2' square and is supposed to run a 12 volt garden pond pump. It will only work to capacity under direct bright sunlight. So, I have a garden pond with a fountain that only works on around 3 days each year, so if your pigeon shooting does not exceed that, it could work for you. You are welcome to it if you wish. I now use the pump to bail out the boat when I go trout fishing, connected to the 12 volt battery for the outboard motor.

P.S. just realised that the panel reflects like hell in bright sunlight so you made need to cover it.................................er, that may just defeat the object. Better take a spare battery, just in case !

Edited by Westley