Optics

Longbower

Foxwit makes a good call. I think the Mamba Lite is much better than its big brother. I never had the white out problems with the Lite that I did with the Mamba. The 3-12x44 is a 1" tube, nice and light but with great clarity. New they're £180 ish.

I've got a Sidewinder 30 on my air rifle and it is the best scope I've used. that's a bit more at about £250 They're both reasonably priced as you do get what you pay for. The Hawke Panorama ev and the Varmint would also be good options at around the £120-150 mark.

Any of those and you wouldn't be far wrong. Don't forget to look second hand! there are some great deals out there :)

Thanks guys. I had a Nighteater , but it went 'milky'/hazy when lamping , and on high mag.

I will have a look at the Sidewinder 30 and Panarama.

Much appreciated. :)

The best hunting sidewinder is the 3-12x50. It's shorter and lighter than the other models and gives exactly the same quality of image!

The best hunting sidewinder is the 3-12x50. It's shorter and lighter than the other models and gives exactly the same quality of image!

I have my sidewinder and rate it too, i just wish I had got the half mildot insted of the SR Pro ret.

What would be purfect would be if Hawke did a Panorama 3-12x44 / 3-12x50 half mil dot IR with side paralax adjust, I would swap all 3 of my scopes to those !

ATB

Matt

Good is it Chris?

Very! I've never used a zeiss, swarovski or anything like that (for rifle scopes anyway) but it's the best scope I've ever had. It's top money for an air rifle scope and it's probably better than it needs to be, but I can't complain! I struggled to get used to having the IR on the same wheel as the parallax adjustment, but once I got used to it it's fine

Very! I've never used a zeiss, swarovski or anything like that (for rifle scopes anyway) but it's the best scope I've ever had. It's top money for an air rifle scope and it's probably better than it needs to be, but I can't complain! I struggled to get used to having the IR on the same wheel as the parallax adjustment, but once I got used to it it's fine

Cheers Chris for that info.

I swear by the Hawke Panorama EV ao ir 3x9x50 scope, I have one on my airwolf and have been that impressed I,ve bought another one to go on my wolverine b (when it bloody arrives)

they are a cracking piece of glass for the money and perfect for what you need it for, I also find the very light blue crosshair excellent in low light conditions or even through my night vision,

atb Evo

I swear by the Hawke Panorama EV ao ir 3x9x50 scope, I have one on my airwolf and have been that impressed I,ve bought another one to go on my wolverine b (when it bloody arrives)

they are a cracking piece of glass for the money and perfect for what you need it for, I also find the very light blue crosshair excellent in low light conditions or even through my night vision,

atb Evo

Ah yes. That's the one downside to the Sidewinder; it's green and red. the blue on the EV is brilliant. I'd rather have that than the green.

Ah yes. That's the one downside to the Sidewinder; it's green and red. the blue on the EV is brilliant. I'd rather have that than the green.

totally agree chris,,the blue is superb,, love the panorama EV they are very good value for the money and to be honest I don't think you need anymore for an air rifle unless shooting hft where side parallax and a nice big wheel comes in handy lol,

atb Evo