terrano / maverick

darren m

there the same, they got painted in the same hour in the same factory ford just farmed the maverick out ???

Had about 7/9 terranos 2.7 anything u want to no pm me,

fuel economy

reliability

occasional off road ( not green laneing )

occasional towing

thanks

Only problem I've had with mine was a broken wire under the bulkhead causing revs to fluctuate. Something to do with the air/fuel mixture if I remember right. Otherwise I can't fault it. Gear driven cams have got to be good news as well. I understand they're the same engine used in the black cab taxis, so that should say something about engine longevity anyway. No regrets with mine. Tows well and seems to be fairly good off road, good ground clearance as well.

fuel economy

reliability

occasional off road ( not green laneing )

occasional towing

thanks

I had a lwb maverick 2.7d

Fuel economy = 27mpg

Reliability = brilliant. Only prob i had in 4 years on a P reg with 143000 was water pump, easy fix

Off road = fantastic! Go anywhere, loads of ground clearance.

Now got a swb terrano 2.4 petrol

Rear prop shaft went, easy fix again.... £40, 4 bolts, half hour!

Great motors for money.

Long wheel base..... All rear seats fold down completely. There was literally more room in back than i had in back of caddy van!

Has timing chain aswell so no changing belts!

And no rust!

Edited by carpentermark

sound ok , i was thinking of one to replace my trooper if it needs too much for its MOT.

i,ve been looking on the net and there is such a wide range in prices , i,m thinking £1000- £1200 , will i find anything decent that will last a few years .

i did notice rust on the drivers side wheel arch on a lot of them but not the otherside , any reason for that

thanks

Had a few of them and just bought another SWB version off ebay.

£1200 and not one spec of rust on the body. Wings are usual bad bits but they are perfect.

So they are out there still.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. They do around about 25 to the gallon, or a bit more.

Will tow 2.8tons (check that cos it might be 2.6) and are very reliable. What few common problems they have are very cheap and easy to fix.

They are not racing cars though, but I guess you knew that bit.

Off road they will go anywhere that you could sensibly ask them to. (I'm a farmer and only ever got stuck once and it was no great surprise as a hovercraft wouldn't have made it :D)

I had a lwb maverick 2.7d

Fuel economy = 27mpg

Reliability = brilliant. Only prob i had in 4 years on a P reg with 143000 was water pump, easy fix

Off road = fantastic! Go anywhere, loads of ground clearance.

Now got a swb terrano 2.4 petrol

Rear prop shaft went, easy fix again.... £40, 4 bolts, half hour!

Great motors for money.

Long wheel base..... All rear seats fold down completely. There was literally more room in back than i had in back of caddy van!

Has timing chain aswell so no changing belts!

And no rust!

i had a lwb maverick p reg 2.4 petrol i found towing with it it was pretty gutless but the reliability was great and would go anywhere

colin

• 2 weeks later...

after looking at a few , the rust areas put me off a bit ,

I looked at a real nice lwb all suited for off road , but on closer inspection you could see the blockpaved driveway via a great hole in the back arches.

anyway , got another trooper now my 3rd , this one as the 3.1 conversion . at least its the devil I know lol