semi auto info

dr. lecter

One of the best of current models is the Fabarm XL5 Velocity. My other half uses a left handed Lion and I use the Velocity. We have never had a Jam with either. I have had Remingtons Berettas and Winchesters over the years and the Fabarms have proved to be the most reliable. Keep em clean, Don't over oil and buy yourself a good magnetic wand to clean up your cartridges with the shooters who follow you in the cage in mind.

One of the best of current models is the Fabarm XL5 Velocity. My other half uses a left handed Lion and I use the Velocity. We have never had a Jam with either. I have had Remingtons Berettas and Winchesters over the years and the Fabarms have proved to be the most reliable. Keep em clean, Don't over oil and buy yourself a good magnetic wand to clean up your cartridges with the shooters who follow you in the cage in mind.

I've never seen a left handed Lion but I hear they do actually like Jam.... :lol::lol::ninja:

Azzurri.

Clean,clean,clean,dont over oil.I have had 4 semi auto's & never had a jam.I think people go out of their way to try and get them to jam by experimenting with diff carts.The lightest load I used was 24g(just because they where given).But I used mainly 28g no7,or 32g no6.

thinking of buying a semi auto , like the idea of shims to aid fit etc , any advice would be appreciated cheers .

As you're spoiled for choice, you should be able to find one that includes a stock extension insert and shims for both drop and cast. I'm not a particularly peculiar shape but needed two identical shims to get mine to fit and as there's usually only one supplied, make sure additional ones are available while also checking how many the manufacturer advises can be fitted at once - I don't mean loads of them; two were sufficient to correct a considerable error on mine.

thinking of buying a semi auto , like the idea of shims to aid fit etc , any advice would be appreciated cheers .

Why? Get any gun fitted properly if you want mm adjustment get an evo comp or PFS stock. Shims are a good idea for plastic stock that be fitted traditionally but can't be manipulated like timber.

Why? Get any gun fitted properly if you want mm adjustment get an evo comp or PFS stock. Shims are a good idea for plastic stock that be fitted traditionally but can't be manipulated like timber.

Why spend a fortune on a custom made stock for a gun which will invariably cost less than a grand ?

I've shimmed auto's in the past successfully by double shimming as has been mentioned. You can file shims, relieve the bolt hole in the shim and heaven forbid even raid the recycling bin at home for odd bits of plastic, washing up liquid bottle plastic works well.

There's nobody more fussy than me when it comes to gun fit, but that's probably another topic for another day...plenty of info online...you just need to google it :-)

Azzurri.