Essex masters

umney531

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well? how did everyone get on?

Well shot EE, glad you enjoyed the shoot :good:

I thought there were just too many going away birds this year and i'm sure they advertised the shoot as being on different ground....didn't seem to be on different ground to me, infact a helluva lot of the stands were in the same positions as the last two years <_<

I did enjoy most of the shoot, especially the four singles on the end of the black course :good:

I didn't shoot well on the red course, 7 stands with 1 away on and a couple of bad stands left me on 83 but 88 on black wasn't too bad.

Azzurri.

Didn't do very well :/

Right so here's my summary of my first major event under my belt, there not going to make it too easy on us as it's a major event in the shoot calendar. I didn't book this event but I was allowed to shoot it.

I turned up on Saturday afternoon by myself at the venue and was asked to turn up on Sunday so they could fit me in a squad that was going out. I was with a very nice bunch of A and AA shooters with me being the only C class shot in the group I was hoping to see some skilled shooting but even they were below par from there usual scores.

One guy hit it on the head and explained to me that if you think of a general 100 ESP reg shoot at your general club and grade the difficulty in 1-3, 1 bring the easiest and 3 being the hardest. You would generally be shooting at 1(easy) and some 2(medium) type of birds with probably a hard bird here and there.

However many of the birds today were generally medium to hard birds some at quite some distance away hence the lower scores that most are use to.

As I was expecting myself to hit in the low 70's but I had a reality check today as I didn't/couldn't judge the distance on some birds hence the wrong amount of lead necessary to make a kill :(

So I ended up with a 122, I'm ok with it as there were some testing targets that I did hit that I would hopefully remember for the future.

Attending this event has certainly helped me with future major shoots that I have planned, if your an avid clay shooter like myself and want to progress a little more, these type of tournaments will help a lot in the long run.

I'll definitely do this shoot again next year but space the 200 birds over 2 days and I'll make sure I'll shoot it with someone I know :)

As your all aware Mr Digweed won the overall shoot after a sudden death shoot out with Tim Webster :good:

(For those who missed that it was very good indeed :yes: )

On a final note it was nice to hang round at the end of the day with Beretta (Brian clegg) and Ocean (peter Gregory) from this forum along side the lovely Victoria from team norgas. Also Dougie Aspen who I think won some prizes for C class, also watching young Josh Bridges having a shoot out at the star shot .

Well done Azzuri I wouldnt be dissapointed with that score lol!!! Did you hit the four singles on the black. I was amazed i hit all of those and 3 ex 4 on the red lol. I think my scores were my best because of all the rangey stuff I prefer the long rangey stuff, I use 3/4 and 3/4 for everything, the red layout had a lot of closer stuff that I probably should have choked down a little for but i made the decison before i started 28g no 7.5 and no choke changing, concentrate and not gaff about like i usually do.

Will I wouldnt be upset with 122, I think that was there or there abouts what I shot first time 5 years ago and I was a c classified shooter, that place brings you back to earth with a bump BUT its what keeps me going back, my favorite shoot bar none!!

Well done everyone

Did you stay 5th in unclassified Baz?

I would be more than happy with that score Will for the first time you have shot it.

The only way to improve is to shoot these events,

I know the targets we put on at our club would probably be laughed at by some of the top shots, however we have to cater for everyone and don't want to do people's heads in that shoot for fun on a Sunday morning by putting on targets nobody can hit.

SO......how did the targets compare to what we get at the charity shoots?

Long day Will but sounds like you enjoyed it

:shaun: