In a spot of bother really.(Essex)

Hello all PW members,

Hope your week has been better than mine, I was out on the field in last nights rain and although I was in a full water proof outfit I still got soaked. Still a bad day on the field beats a good day at work.

Now for the spot of bother bit, as some of you know i enjoy shooting as much as the next PW member however i am fast coming into a spot of bother, the permission i have has basically ran out of rabbits. I am the only shooter on the land which inst very big, other than the land owner so its not because of to many shooters, i have just shot them all. Which is great for the land owner but bad for me. This as much as i hate to say it a plea for help, with next to no rabbits to shoot my rifle is fast collecting dust.

If anyone out there can help me with nights/days out and about on their permission i would be forever be in your favor even if its just lamping until you get to know me. I am no fool when it comes to shooting and fully understand this does not give me permission to shoot on your land/permission and likewise for whom ever helps me. Although i wont be able to repay whomever with shooting on my permission, not unless you wish to shoot grass because that's all about there is now. I am more than willing to return the favor in what way i can and hopefully meet a new good friend along the way. Of course i am fully insured with BASC and if your wondering i have a F.A.C Sako Quad .22 Rim with Moderator.

Also i am thinking of putting in for a HMR soon so i would love for anyone who has this and/or higher caliber rifles to give me tips and tricks, never can have too much experience, likewise for me if your an Air Gunner with F.A.C cleared land/permission i would be more than happy to safely teach, and hopefully help you to gain a F.A.C as a way of repaying you for your good deeds.

Please PM me if you can help me out, If not thanks for the time you took to read this many thanks Nick.

if you where close to me you could come and shoot some rabbits with me i dont have rilfes only shotguns and there loads of rabbits on one permission just need to get on them as been lamping with the hush power 410 and they run off soon as you get 45yards from them

if you where close to me you could come and shoot some rabbits with me i dont have rilfes only shotguns and there loads of rabbits on one permission just need to get on them as been lamping with the hush power 410 and they run off soon as you get 45yards from them

Where are you about in this lovely country Rob.

Where are you about in this lovely country Rob.

at a guess i would say the fens in cambridgeshire

hehe

colin

yes i live in Murrow Cambridgeshire and have 4 fields all with in half a mile of each other that have big rabbit problem i can manage about 10 rabbits in an hour with the 410 by having a quick walk

Edited by littlerob

at a guess i would say the fens in cambridgeshire

hehe

colin

Well played sir however not everyone is truthful with where they are from on here :lol: Great opportunity but yes its got to be close to 2 and half hour drive something like that?

need to get experience a rifle first had a air rifle befor all together i have just shy of 1250 acres of land to shoot all on my own but with a condition on to focus on cretin fields as and when I'm told there have a problem with pigeon or rabbits as farmer's would like that area dealt with that pest and make a difference befor choosing to shoot some other parts of the farm which i think is fare yes was down near braintree last weekend a village called kelvedon and that was just over 2 hours drive

Edited by littlerob

yes i live in Murrow Cambridgeshire and have 4 fields all with in half a mile of each other that have big rabbit problem i can manage about 10 rabbits in an hour with the 410 by having a quick walk

Great opportunity but yes its got to be close to 2 hour drive something like that?

Great opportunity but yes its got to be close to 2 hour drive something like that?

Also you would top up that rabbit count if you had a rifle you should apply for one :good:

Nick.

need to get experience a rifle first had a air rifle befor all together i have just shy of 1250 acres of land to shoot all on my own but with a condition on to focus on cretin fields as and when I'm told there have a problem with pigeon or rabbits as farmer's would like that area dealt with that pest and make a difference befor choosing to shoot some other parts of the farm which i think is fare yes was down near braintree last weekend a village called kelvedon and that was just over 2 hours drive

haha that's alot of walking about you must keep fit yes i know braintree stones throw away. Does all that land have F.A.C clearance then?

You shouldn't have to much trouble gaining a F.A.C then you should fill out the form and ask the farmer if its ok to use it. Then the Police will check the land and with your experience with shotguns you should get granted one worst case you will only be allowed to use it with a mentor for a while to make sure you are sensible.

i know one farm most of his land is clear as he have 243 he-self haven't asked the others 2 farmers

You shouldn't have to much trouble gaining a F.A.C then you should fill out the form and ask the farmer if its ok to use it. Then the Police will check the land and with your experience with shotguns you should get granted one worst case you will only be allowed to use it with a mentor for a while to make sure you are sensible.