Once the FEO has visited

I was just wondering how long SHOULD a FAC aplication take once the FEO has done his bit. My FEO visited on the 1st of April and sent the report back to the licensing department the same day. I know this because there was a problem with the land authority form and I phone them the next day to make sure it was sorted. Every time I phone them, they just fob me off with 'we will be looking at it this week'. How can it take 2 weeks to look at a report, do a check on the PNC and then press print! Doesn't take any time at all to cash the cheque does it.

Just remember,your certificate still needs signing by the chief constable and if he/she is on holiday then it wont get done.Also,FAC/SGC renewals come before first time grants which could also put you further down the pile.

Thats not quite true . My last one was signed by the fire arms manager .

Harnser.

I had the inspector around about ten days ago and said it would be in the post shortly. Phoned up today, just to find out where it had got to, and it needs a manager's signature before it can be posted out. But he's not in until Thursday... I said I'll follow up then as well!

I hope it's here soon, I've got my eye on a nice Caesar Guerini!

I even phoned them today after speaking to my FEO, to tell them they have an email off my FEO. It just seems like they can't be bothered to deal with something and keep putting it off. I reckon my name is dirt in that office haha, wouldn't surprise me if It comes back open so they don't have to deal with me for 5 years

I even phoned them today after speaking to my FEO, to tell them they have an email off my FEO. It just seems like they can't be bothered to deal with something and keep putting it off. I reckon my name is dirt in that office haha, wouldn't surprise me if It comes back open so they don't have to deal with me for 5 years

More like pushed to the "September to do list" :yes:

Got my FAC (coterminous) back last week from Hampshire a little over 10 weeks from posting the application.

I had a visit from the FEO two weeks after applying but it dragged after that.

so if they get there finger out he should have it back mid to late June :yes: That's if he hasn't ****** them off too much :lol::lol: BB

It might be a good idea to be patient and leave them alone. To be fair, Hampshire is a very large county and you won't be the only one they are dealing with. Each phone call will only serve to delay them dealing with the "pile/backlog" of which you and others will be the victims :yes: Use the time to research and check out what rifle you would like, score some brownie points at home and save so you can go straight out and buy your new toy :good::good:

It might be a good idea to be patient and leave them alone. To be fair, Hampshire is a very large county and you won't be the only one they are dealing with. Each phone call will only serve to delay them dealing with the "pile/backlog" of which you and others will be the victims :yes: Use the time to research and check out what rifle you would like, score some brownie points at home and save so you can go straight out and buy your new toy :good::good:

I have already paid for a cz 455 hmr and 500 rounds, along with a mtc viper scope. Each phone call delays them in making another brew. If they don't want people to phone all the time, then they need to provide a better service

I have already paid for a cz 455 hmr and 500 rounds, along with a mtc viper scope. Each phone call delays them in making another brew. If they don't want people to phone all the time, then they need to provide a better service

Well that s a bit premature, FC's aren't granted as a matter of course :yes: Its only been 15 days, and you have no idea how much work they might be doing. Silly remarks about tea making and providing a better service? :hmm: If you give them the same impression that your giving on here................could be a very long wait :yes:

Well that s a bit premature, FC's aren't granted as a matter of course :yes: Its only been 15 days, and you have no idea how much work they might be doing. Silly remarks about tea making and providing a better service? :hmm: If you give them the same impression that your giving on here................could be a very long wait :yes:

It's not premature, it's forward planning. I need this ticket to sort the foxes out on my shoot as the previous keeper didn't shoot any at all. Yes it has been 15 days, however my FEO is rushed off his feet but he can still sort out paperwork the same day and file reports. There is 5 people in the licensing office, surly each person is given a specific task to do. The fact that they haven't updated the system on shotguns I have purchased for the past 16 months is disgusting. This is one of the thing holding up, all because of their incompetency, not mine fault.