jeep cherokee

peejay

hi been looking at one of these, seem a nice short 4x4. its 52 plate 2.5 diesel. 120,000 miles all leather etc.. asking 850 because of a small dint in door.. just wondered if anyone has had one? if so whats rough mpg, and can you get parts at reasonable money? thanks

Make sure the rear diff is ok as the clutch plates wear and cause knocking tramping then locking, make sure the rear prop is connected this is not as common in the 2.5 as in the 4.7 petrol due to torque issues.

Apart from that there a 1st class motor.

Only other quirks is the heater controls packing in.

Edited by delburt0

Make sure the rear diff is ok as the clutch plates wear and cause knocking tramping then locking, make sure the rear prop is connected this is not as common in the 2.5 as in the 4.7 petrol due to torque issues.

Apart from that there a 1st class motor.

Only other quirks is the heater controls packing in.

My heater resistor went 3 times in 4 years, simple 25 quid self fix... I did suffer the rear diff/axle issues though, thankfully it was still within warranty otherwise it would have been a 4-5k issue!!!! had an injector go down early on and then again just before I sold it, another potentially expensive repair but at the end of the day.... 850 quid for a very capable little 4x4

My heater resistor went 3 times in 4 years, simple 25 quid self fix... I did suffer the rear diff/axle issues though, thankfully it was still within warranty otherwise it would have been a 4-5k issue!!!! had an injector go down early on and then again just before I sold it, another potentially expensive repair but at the end of the day.... 850 quid for a very capable little 4x4

I agree it's cheap in fact in would buy it as it's local just to trash.

I had a new one back in 06, as said they are a bit small inside, my one had to go back and have the gearbox out, every time you turned off the ignition the whole car would shake, it was something to do with weak springs some ware, there were several others in the work shop having it done at the time.