Sporting in the Olympics

Cled01

Sporting will never make it as the disciplines need to be set the same the world over, like skeet and trap.

The reason sporting is so popular is the main reason it will never happen - variety.

And as Shaun says watching paint dry is more exciting viewing, it is a participation sport not spectator sport.

Think something like Compak would work well in the games.

Yes, if a Sporting discipline was to be included, then it would most likely be Compak, and, whilst Team GB would be very good at it, it would not be a foregone conclusion that we would win every event going.

The Yanks have come on enormously in Sporting over recent years, helped by a good few top UK shots who are now coaching there on a full time basis, you only have to look at the top 10 scores in the recent shoot in Dubai to see how well they can shoot.

The French could also field a team who could give our Guys a good run for their money, as, unlike in the UK, they make sure that their very best shots are in their national teams, they even receive paid time off work for practice..!

I believe it will happen, sooner rather than later.

Cat.

Never seen it televised....... Golf on TV seems to get audiences ........

I watched the white gold cup......wasn't good even though it was a sort of compact

BUT

They did a much better job on the Olympics,

Compact is the way to go with more slo mo, I still don't think it will make great tv but hopefully proved wrong

Strange thing is i sat and watched the archery which was very good,

The target shooting was ok....

Shooting is always better when actually doing it

:shaun: