How long does it take to put up a worktop?

JDog

As soon as Lady JDog was in the car and heading off to Oxford I put the gun in and headed off for some pea drillings. I arrived early for me and I sat and watched for an hour and I never saw a bird. A wasted 50 mile round trip.

I got back home with the newspaper looking forward to a nice day at home only to find a note from her Ladyship asking if I would put the worktop up in the laundry. Thankfully it was the only item on the list. Papers duly read and a bit of racing on TV and then to the worktop. How complicated can it be? Well, pretty complicated as it turns out as there were pipes to cut round and it had to be erected in two parts as access is needed to the boiler. It took hours and I only escaped the house at 3:30.

Taking advice and acumen from the PW massive yesterday I went to the field where I had seen a lot of birds yesterday evening. I got there at 4pm, there were ten birds on the field but as I watched a few started to trickle in so I dashed out with the kit and I was set up by 4:15. Far from being late I was in fact early and the real flight did not start until 4:40. It was a good flight which lasted until 6:15 and birds decoyed very well.

The pictures show the whole pattern with the killing ground space shown clearly and the other picture shows the hedge which I used to direct birds into the pattern and towards the hide.

I picked 61 pigeons, three carrion crows, two rooks and a jackdaw for 67 head.

I posted a month ago that I find it almost orgasmic to shoot a single carrion crow. Imagine how highly sexed Eccles must be to shoot regular bags of over 100.

The other amusing point of note was that a single dead bird in the pattern must have been upside down in the pattern for some time and I named it Motty.

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

Edited by JDog

As soon as Lady JDog was in the car and heading off to Oxford I put the gun in and headed off for some pea drillings. I arrived early for me and I sat and watched for an hour and I never saw a bird. A wasted 50 mile round trip.

I got back home with the newspaper looking forward to a nice day at home only to find a note from her Ladyship asking if I would put the worktop up in the laundry. Thankfully it was the only item on the list. Papers duly read and a bit of racing on TV and then to the worktop. How complicated can it be? Well, pretty complicated as it turns out as there were pipes to cut round and it had to be erected in two parts as access is needed to the boiler. It took hours and I only escaped the house at 3:30.

Taking advice and acumen from the PW massive yesterday I went to the field where I had seen a lot of birds yesterday evening. I got there at 4pm, there were ten birds on the field but as I watched a few started to trickle in so I dashed out with the kit and I was set up by 4:15. Far from being late I was in fact early and the real flight did not start until 4:40. It was a good flight which lasted until 6:15 and birds decoyed very well.

The pictures show the whole pattern with the killing ground space shown clearly and the other picture shows the hedge which I used to direct birds into the pattern and towards the hide.

I posted a month ago that I find it almost orgasmic to shoot a single carrion crow. Imagine how highly sexed Eccles must be to shoot regular bags of over 100.

The other amusing point of note was that a single dead bird in the pattern must have been upside down in the pattern for some time and I named it Motty.

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

he won't thank you for that :lol:

excellent stuff great short session that :good:

Do

If I said that I had done the tiling would I lose any credibility I may have gained on PW?

How far away exactly was you when you threw the tiles at the wall .

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

Nice read and pics of a good days sport , what is the strange lump in the ground !

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

I like it!