My first roebuck...

shootgun

Following Reload's genrerous offer to take me out for roe stalking and pigeon shooting in exchange for my Larsen trap, we meet up at his place in Dorset, yesterday morning at 6am, as agreed a day before.

Loaded all my gear into his truck, and after a 30 minutes drive we arrived at the farm, had a quick briefing and we started to stalk in one of the most beautiful countryside landscape i ever seen in England.

We begin our stalk to the edge of some woods on the top of a hill, and worked our way through the other side. We could see loads of fresh slots but no deer around. Nevertheless, being out in the woods first time in the morning was very enjoyable and Reload is a great guy and a great company. Not being able to see any deer around, Reload decided we should stalk around a rape field, along the hedgerows, as sometimes the deers are sitting beteween the hedgerows and the rape which is very tall and offer great cover.

We start going down the hill along the hedgerows and scanning the field on our left as well, but not deer to be seen. We walked around 3 quarters of the field rape and started to get relaxed when all of the sudden a pair of roes hoped in front of us at about 50 yards and looking nervous towards us... Reload confirmed one of them is a buck and without wasting any other second, looked through the scope and indeed it was. The buck was partially obscured by the rape, but i could clearly see the head, neck, and part of the shoulder. Took aim a bit under the shoulder and behind and pulled the trigger. The .243 found its way to the heart and after an adrenaline fuelled jump we found the buck dead in rape, 15 yds away, following a thick trail of blood.

Many thanks to Reload for the opportunity, he is a top guy and he done everything to ensure i'll get my buck.

JTEL6LL.jpg

ZQQqGQ2.jpg

No problem mate, it was certainly a good walk in the Dorset countyside. A nice write up of the morning. I'm really pleased we got your buck.

I will probably have a glass or 2 of your Romanian wine tonight, I may even light up a cuban too. :big_boss:

I hope you enjoy our Murfatlar wine as much as i do mate, it might be different from your usual, but is good :yes: