Off season on the marsh

Big Mat

Had a few minutes spare this afternoon so i nipped down to the closest bit of marsh to my house and walked the dog and took a few photos. Not been on the shore for a few weeks due to work so it was nice to get out and breath some nice fresh sea air!

Can anyone guess where it is?

DSCF0683_zps148e4a54.jpg

DSCF0688_zps0b38b6cb.jpg

DSCF0690_zps25326784.jpg

Edited by Big Mat

Saw 2 gadwall as well, sat on the mud beside the river. Not walked the dog up the nene end recently, the barnies are usually sat with the snow goose beside the lighthouse

That would be ones I have seen then , there were two snow geese with them , they were a good way up the river from the lighthouse though.

Look a lovely area Big Mat very similar to Blakeney or Wells, I never tire in going down the marsh, there is always something to see all the year round, I go at least once a day and often walk up just to watch the sun going down again at night. We don't go on holidays now as we have every thing we like on our door step and cant see any point in taking a risk in not knowing what the place is like where we can jump in my motor go up your way and come back down the coast road and up to now we haven't been disappointed yet. So enjoy your visits down the marsh Big Mat no matter what time of the year it is as you will always see something of interest........Cheers.

High Big Mat was up at Doncaster for a CBR meeting on a Sunday back in the season,and then late afternoon out to the east at Grimsby to pick up a van single seat I had won on e-bay ,then down the coast to kings Lynn for a good meal before getting the sleeping bag set up in back of van and telling dog to stay on its bed as i put my head down for a few hours before waking up stiff and cold ( One thinks one is getting to old for this sleeping in vans ) And then get gear on to walk out down that sticky path to cross the wall and look out over the view as in your picture !! Hid up on edge of Ouse and waited for dawn ,unlucky for me all the geese were high and way back over the farm land ,but a pair of mallard came in from the coast and I gave a quick call and they turned and straight back over me ,dropped the hen and missed the drake ,but I did get a bird in the bag on what looked like another empty flight !!

great pics ,thanks for posting

Riptide

You want to get one of those fancy campervans riptipe, go fowling with a little luxury. I'll keep an eye out for the man with the chessies next season down there! I must remember to get my application form sent in, i'm lucky to live within 5 minutes of that access point and i work at the end of the road which the next one is on :lol:

Edited by Big Mat

The very place i have just come back from Grandalf! Took the terrier this morning and he is not quite as "marsh smart" as the old lab so he took quite a few head first tumbles down ankle breakers and then sat there looking at me!

I am envious.

Bit far for me to come to walk the dog...