Strange lumps on pigeons

Tony G

While breasting out some of yesterday's pigeons I had several with strange sort of lumps or growths on the breasts The lumps ranged from marble size up to small egg size and seemed to be yellow in colour I threw the birds away with them on but has anybody else had birds with these on them ?

While breasting out some of yesterday's pigeons I had several with strange sort of lumps or growths on the breasts The lumps ranged from marble size up to small egg size and seemed to be yellow in colour I threw the birds away with them on but has anybody else had birds with these on them ?

Pin head size could be pellets that have stuck in the breast but not killed but small marble or egg is large to be pellets - are you sure small egg as that is rather large to be on a breast? Either way I would not eat but would dissect out of interest. I am always fascinated with how deformed the breast bone can be yet the bird still flies true - some have some real bends and twists. Just amazing how mother natures works.