Design Tech controlled assessment!

double10

The pigeon shooters carry lots of gear in exciting and often appallingly bad manual handling techniques, maybe something modular to transport all that gear over fields but with another use at the other end ie carry poles becoming hide poles? Or maybe some of the kit already used but improved or added to ie flappers, whirlies etc

It's a long time since I did my design exams but if it's still the same it's often more about the process than the actual idea, finding a problem, evaluating the possible solutions and creating your solution

Good luck though, there's a few very rich people from good ideas in these circumstances

With out detracting from the thread to much, the carrying options are as diverse as the terrain we have to walk over. I take it the pigeon shooters go out to bring something back, there is never a mention of how to carry back 40/50/60 pigeons.

TEH

I like your idea of a gun safe rest..... Modular to take different numbers of sg / rifle

Expanding to fit different size safes... Adjustable to hold sxs o/u profiles or slimmer rifle barrels

You would need to retain the barrels by friction or simple locking device... Protect the barrel/ rest contact points and make the whole thing robust enough to fit halfway up a safe by friction

An improvement on the foam spacers

I am a bit late to the party but I am also a DT teacher (but Systems & Control and Electronics). Have you decided upon which project you are going for yet?

One thing I think you should do is to find out which exam board and course code you are bring entered with and download a copy of the mark scheme. This will be pretty generic but it will help you to check that you haven't missed anything out. Remember that is meant to ensure that teachers from different schools are able to mark the CA projects consistently so it is a case of " Have they done this?" ...if so, they get the mark.

Well done for asking on here though - I wish some of mine showed your initiative! Get in touch if you need pointing in the right direction with anything.

Nick

Wot about a gun rack for a clay ground that will safely/securely take a broken gun both sxs and OU? (big difference in the angle when opened)

Dunno if already esists but most are fairly upright for closed guns or guns in slips. Don't often go to clay grounds but have occasionally seen closed guns in the racks not in a slip.

I always like my gun to be open so it can be seen to be empty and safe from a distance