Fees Rise in Warks and West Mercia

D_No

I couldn't agree more - and as Simon has said, this is effectively what BASC are pushing for as part of the working group. As for coming on strong, it's these sort of issues that will damage us all in the long run if we sit back and take a passive role. I would suggest that my post count is irrelevant in this instance - my views would be the same if I where to have 1200 instead of 12.

My thoughts exactly. There are people on PW who have 100's/1000's of posts and they can be utter rubbish. Nobody wants to pay more than what they can get away with but as BB has said, if it goes up we have no choice. No rise since 2001 so in reality it has to go up at least a little bit.

a price rise is going to happen and I doubt anything that basc or any other organisation has to say will make any difference.when you look at some of the things that are being cut to try and save money the fac/sgc is not going to be looked on as a priority.if the fee was raised to what they are asking for would that put shooting out of reach for many.its the cost of the yearly road tax.or almost the cost of a slab of cheap cartridges.entry to one registered sporting shoot.a few weeks supply of fags.we will pay whatever they say and we will do it because we love shooting.i pay my yearly subs to both basc and the cpsa so in five years over £600 and what exactly do I get for it a few magazines and an insurance that I have never known anyone to claim on yet.we all took up shooting knowing that it is and has always been a very expensive pastime.in both time and money.if it costs the police a couple of hundred to process your certs then that is what we will have to pay.it would be nice to think the service might get speeded up some as a result.

I am out, we have been here with mick so many times,it's not worth the time or effort.

just my take on the subject.you have your view you do not have to leave a subject because you have a different opinion to others.after all this is supposed to be a forum.but as you wish.