Looks like a good year for rabbits.

eccles

Went down the local street market this morning shopping for my mother.

Met a lot of my farmers mates wives and a few farmers all saying rabbits about in good numbers and asked when i'm going :) They all said never seen so many young one's so early in the year. Told a couple of them i'd be shooting at their farms soon :yes: Starting on 2 of them farms this weekend and i'm taking Mark Bullet Boy . :yes:

Was talking to 1 of the wives outside of the cafe, when a woman who must of heard us talking about rabbits came to talk asked if i shot rabbits.

Not knowing her i asked why, a friend of mine got a big problem with them. Asked her where she lived said the place, bit to far for me about 20 miles but gave her my number to pass on to her friend. Will go for a look 1 evening if any good will pass on this permission to a lad that lives close by them, that i met who i gave a few farms to last year sure he will be pleased for a bit more ground. atb Terry

Friend of mine shoots around south brummie land, he has seen quite a few rabbits compared with previous years. The mild winter must have helped things where the land was well drained! Nothing on my permission which is a shame, wouldn't mind a few for the pot.

Send the rabbits down here. There ****** all about! :no:

Steve went up to Maesterran 1 of the farms that i took you for some rabbit shooting, the little paddock right by the farm was moving as was all the fields that we went. Loads of half grown one's. Did not shoot it much last year :no: The area around John Darowen that we went too every farm got loads to shoot always been brill up that way. 1 of the big farms that i showed you on way up to johns is planting 13 acres of wheat this year :) so should be great for crows not many farms plant any crops down this way. :sad1: The farm we shot crows with Mark phoned yesterday where ploughing the field we shot + the big field directly over the main road which i shot with Mark BB will be drilling very soon told him to ring as soon as crows appear. :yes: atvb Terry

Edited by eccles

On a few of my permissions it is starting to look a little like Wathership Downs with loads of the little fluff balls running around. I took a dozen or so with the .22LR the other day just sitting in one place overlooking two warrens while waiting for them to come out to play - And it should be said that shooting the young ones whenever they appear is straight forward rabbit control and not hunting for the pot.

It's a nice way to spend these warm dry evenings (when the lay of the land allows you to shoot in that way) plus the younger ones make good eating fried in butter with a chopped shallot and some fresh crusty bread! :yes:

They haven't picked up here like I thought they would. Few about but not seeing that many youngsters. Our ground was completely saturated for months over winter and I'm sure many of them migrated.

I've got a few clinging on in the usual places where they're difficult/dangerous to shoot but no spring breeding surge as yet.

Half the farm is oilseed rape this year and its hard to no what's going on there until that comes off.

Edited by Gimlet

Cheers Steve :good: sure to have some fun winding Mark up. :lol::lol: atb Terry

i would struggle to shoot 10 over a lot of farms there's just nothing... here

:sad1: Andy sad news mate , always had plenty of rabbits this way even after the mixy has done its rounds. There will be plenty still here after Marks missed them. :lol::lol::lol: You are always welcome anytime you up this way mate for some shooting :yes: was great meeting up with you and brother last year. atb Terry

I wasn't hopeful this year following a mixi outbreak and a very wet winter. My first trip out pre-lambing foxing on the high ground found rabbits a plenty though. going out after them again in a hour or two as its a very pleasant day for an outing at dusk

Friend of mine shoots around south brummie land, he has seen quite a few rabbits compared with previous years. The mild winter must have helped things where the land was well drained! Nothing on my permission which is a shame, wouldn't mind a few for the pot.

I'd like to know where because I went out last night (Birmingham/Worcester border) and sat in the hedge for over 2 hours and didn't see a bloody thing.......nowt, nada, b**ger-all. :no::no::no:

G.M.

Send the rabbits down here. There ****** all about! :no:

Steve i still laugh at the first morning that you stopped with us. :lol::lol: Rushing into the kitchen shouting there 5 or 6 rabbits on your front lawn. :lol: Then looked out the back door and seen more rabbits,thought you where going to have heart failure . :lol::lol::lol: atb Terry

Steve i still laugh at the first morning that you stopped with us. :lol::lol: Rushing into the kitchen shouting there 5 or 6 rabbits on your front lawn. :lol: Then looked out the back door and seen more rabbits,thought you where going to have heart failure . :lol::lol::lol: atb Terry

I know. I could'nt believe it. They could have been tame, the way they sat there. :yes::lol:

Will do Marc :good:you know the way up here then. :lol::lol: anytime bud :good: atvb Terry

Easy, A3, M25, M40, then follow the crow flightline . On entering the village, open truck window and follow the smell of a freshly made bacon sarnie.........look for a chap rolling a cig amidst a pile of dead crows :lol::lol::good:

Easy, A3, M25, M40, then follow the crow flightline . On entering the village, open truck window and follow the smell of a freshly made bacon sarnie.........look for a chap rolling a cig amidst a pile of dead crows :lol::lol::good:

:lol::lol::lol: Marc you got it bang on mate :yes: Think me and you would get on like a house on fire :yes: Be great to meet up sometime soon plenty of shooting here mate. :good: ATVB Terry

Been for a spin round the lanes around some of my permissions to see what rabbits where about for Bullet Boys visit tomorrow.

Wife decided to come for a spin too :lol::lol: rabbits everywhere :yahoo: stopped to talk to 6 of my mates at different lanes as i drove round.

All said where have you been not seen you in ages + all got rabbits want shooting told them i will be out on that block of land this weekend.

So told them i will start at 1 end and get round as many as we can. Got no boundaries just go farm to farm so we should have some fun.

Don't think wife will want to come again said you know to many blinking farmers. :lol: thought we would never get home. :lol: