Trying to ID old air rifles.

Webby1963

Folk,

I'm after a little help, I'm trying to ID and get a rough value for 3 air rifles I've had kicking around for years and am looking to sell.

The first is a BSA Meteor Mk 3 or 4 I think, marking on the working parts is TG32155 (.22)

The others are old .177

Ones got made in Hungary on it and the number 05 663 LG527 (to be honest it looks like it's worth about a tenner, at most!)

Can't find any makers name or country on the other just a code CC29502 on teh working parts at the trigger end.

Any ideas or any where that buys old air rifles in the Midlands area (I live in Bromsgrove) would be a great help.

Many thanks

Photos would be an even bigger help...

OK can someone help, I think I'm being a little thick! I've got photo's of the one gun I'm left trying to ID. How do I upload them? When I click on the image icon it asks for a URL, It hasn't got one as they're just saved on my desk top!! Help please.;

OK can someone help, I think I'm being a little thick! I've got photo's of the one gun I'm left trying to ID. How do I upload them? When I click on the image icon it asks for a URL, It hasn't got one as they're just saved on my desk top!! Help please.;

You have to upload them in to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack you then copy the url and paste it in the image box thingy in your post ;)

Like this..

HW35v26_zps6e122f7b.jpg

John

Photos would be an even bigger help...

You have to upload them in to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack you then copy the url and paste it in the image box thingy in your post ;)

Like this..

HW35v26_zps6e122f7b.jpg

John

Right, getting there slowly!!! Uploaded the pics to photobucket having resized them all to make them smaller, then when I try to post them on here it says I can't post images with that image extension on this community!!! MORE help required please.

Right, getting there slowly!!! Uploaded the pics to photobucket having resized them all to make them smaller, then when I try to post them on here it says I can't post images with that image extension on this community!!! MORE help required please.

Hi

Try clicking on the 'Direct' url box..

John :)

Sorry John, how you've really lost me, 'Direct' url box where?

Hi Webby

The pics in your photobucket will have four boxes to the right with the url's in (if it's the same as mine!!)

I click on the second one down that says 'Direct' to copy the url and then paste it in to the reply in here by clicking on the box just below the smileys button at the top, it's a square box that looks like a small picture painting!!

IMG_0495_zps2114ebd9.jpg

IMG_0491_zpsc761c4ec.jpgIMG_0492_zps6e6cd32f.jpg

sight_zps63678334.jpg

Hi Webby

The pics in your photobucket will have four boxes to the right with the url's in (if it's the same as mine!!)

I click on the second one down that says 'Direct' to copy the url and then paste it in to the reply in here by clicking on the box just below the smileys button at the top, it's a square box that looks like a small picture painting!!

Hurrah,

Got there in the end, Cheers John.

This should give you a rough idea of its value mate,

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Guns-for-sale?sstr=bsa%20cadet%20major

Gunstar is famous for being overpriced i'm afraid :/

I have an ordinary Cadet that I paid £50 for off a collector close to me a couple of years or so ago, i've seen a virtually mint one with all the etching present and woodwork looked like it was made yesterday go for £130 on the BBS..

For some reason they don't seem to command high prices, no idea why as they're smashing little guns :no:

Here's my Cadet..

BSACadet1.jpg

The Cadet Major is a bit better gun than the ordinary Cadet as it has an adjustable rearsight and is a little longer too ;)