Another day on drill.

dead eye alan

As I promised Steveg I would try to post more often her goes. Tom (82) and I meet at the field that had been reported to have 600 on it yesterday at 10am. Not a bird to be seen, so went over to the south side hedge (to have the wind behind us) and set up 5 yards apart in a dense hedge between 2 sitty tree's. When I was putting out the 20 dead bird's in cradles and 2 flappers the birds started to fly over us in small flocks of 5 to 12. As we settled in to our hides the sky was empty again, ( funny how that seem's to happen every time out ) So poured the first tea of the day only to have 3 come down the hedge straight in and land!

( Funny how that seem's to happen every time out to ). After that we had a steady trickle of birds for most of the day, some very tricky shots and I had 1 L & R.

We packed up at 4 30 pm with Tom on 28 for 52 and me on 43 for 72 and when't home highly delighted. Next time out on Friday cant wait and wont sleep on Thursday night. :yahoo:

Looks like a cracking day out,I would be delighted with the kill ratio...nice shooting :yes:

Out on Friday with Tim85....we would be very happy with a bag half your size.

"funny how that seem's to happen every time out"..so true

Flappers look like they worked well,great bit of kit..nice write up :good: :good: