Natural England's consultation on General & Class licences.

was reminded today by the CA email about this, so copied and edited a responce from the BASC website, I hope thats ok

have pasted it here so that if you agree, you could copy and paste it into an email and send it to -

wildlife.consultation@naturalengland.org.uk

don't forget to add your name and address

I do not support the unnecessary proposal to increase the “burden of proof” that alternative methods such as “scaring” and “proofing” have been tried before shooting.

I support the continued inclusion of collared doves and jackdaw on general licence GL04 to prevent serious agricultural damage or disease.

I support the continued inclusion of jackdaw and jay on general licence GL06 to conserve flora and fauna.

I support the proposal to add greylag goose to general licence GL04 to prevent serious agricultural damage or disease as it applies to breeding feral greylag geese in England.

I support the proposal to add greylag goose and mallard to the general licence GL05 to preserve public health and safety as it applies to breeding

I support the proposal to create two new class Licences covering the killing and taking of herring gulls and lesser black-backed gulls for the purposes of preserving public health and public safety, and conservation of flora and fauna; with the caveat that that the default position of licensing should be general licences.

I do not support the proposed removal of hooded crows from general licences GL04, to prevent serious agricultural damage or disease; GL05, to preserve public health and safety; and GL06 to conserve flora and fauna.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of a trapping code of practice.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of a maximum time for which decoy birds can be continuously kept within a trap or be kept as a decoy.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of wording that restricts birds caught under general or class licences to dispatch, release or keeping as a decoy.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction a referenced tagging system for traps set under general or class licence.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of wording that specifies the types of traps that can be used under general or class licence.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of wording stating that birds which are shot and injured are then pursued and humanely dispatched where practicable.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of a condition that requires users to have read (or had read to them) and understood general licences.

I do not support the unnecessary introduction of wording that breaching the conditions of this licence means that you cannot rely on this licence to carry out an activity that would – except under the provisions of this licence – be an offence.

Do you really support the inclusion of greylag geese onto the general licence ?

I certainly do not and think that it is disgraceful that both BASC and the CA seem to think that killing greylags out of season under the general license is something they should condone.

Edited by scolopax

Go you really support the inclusion of greylag geese onto the general licence ?

I certainly do not and think that it is disgraceful that both BASC and the CA seem to think that killing greylags out of season under the general license is something they condone.

Putting them on the general licence is just going to encourage every idiot and his dog to go out and blast them out of season, same as what has happened with canadas. I am shocked BASC would even considering condoning it.

This is the reasoning behind submitting your own comments and evidence. Shooting organisations will put forward the responses it receives from its own research. That information is more of an overview of the organisation than every members personal requirements for the job they're doing.

Submit your views, it's you as a shooter that has input to shape the future.