Bleeh

I'm moving away for a new job.

Part of this new job is accommodated training for 10 weeks, followed by a mixture of working in other accommodated areas. Because of this I've given up my rented house, and moved in with a relative for a week, I was supposed to leave next week to start.

I didn't want to give up shooting until the last moment, so on Wednesday I had sold the last of my guns, got rid of my cartridges and even popped round the farmers to give him a thank you, and explain I wasn't going to be around for a couple of years. (It was very emotional)

Well guess what? - I got a letter in the post yesterday saying I was now not leaving till May 6th! - for the first time in my life I get two weeks off paid holiday, and it has to be the ******* day after I give all my shooting up!

I know it's not much to moan about, but still! <_<

"You cant get out, once you try they drag you back in again!" I gave up all my licenced guns for a period of about 5 yrs once (was too busy working) I kept just one airgun, gave up dogs just before the birth of my first child till the second was walking and talking (about 12 yrs) both of these things I had done from being a child! You never give up till you are too old or physically incapable if its in your blood you just have a rest and when you too old you just talk about it and watch ( I am hopefully a way off that yet).

Good luck in your new job