A very good...Good friday

steveyg

Tim85 contacted me in the week asking if I fancied a go at a few crows he has on one of his perms.

Result,weather looked good and got a pass out so organised to meet him at 5.30 this morning

When we arrived there were no pigeon flightlines or decent numbers of crows about however we decided to set up with the wind behind us in front of a big tree.

Set up with 6 crow flocked shells and 3x 20 year full bodied crows (put one on the hedge as a century) and around 20 flocked pigeon shells.

No pigeons about however the crows/J'dors/rooks were decoying beautifully....the best I have ever experienced. We were at the bottom of a field which was probably 600 mtrs long and we could see them spot the pattern and float in to trouble.... :ninja: :ninja:

No huge numbers about however a steady stream of birds all day. Pigeons picked up the afternoon however they would not decoy,after the first few hits we set up three flappers and two floaters. Changed the pigeon pattern at least four times and took the floaters down and things picked up a little in the afternoon.

We both got a couple of cracking doubles and I had a magpie...result. Tim85 last shot of the day was a beauty...he measured were the bird landed and it was 100yds away he must of hit it at least 70 yds out...we both couldn't believe the bird dropped...but it did...cracking sight to see..

still can believe it and I saw it.. :yes:

We finished day on 92...my best ever day...Tim85 best ever day.....we didn't realize the size of the bag until we packed up....only 8 short of a 100... :oops:

I think it was 26 pigeons..one magpie..and then a mix of crows/rooks/j'ds...Tim will be able to confirm..he wrote it down.

We will remember this good Friday for a very long time..cheers Tim for a cracking days sport... :good: :good:

sorry tim,will try to edit the pics..

post-63989-0-83544100-1397840674.png

post-63989-0-42960000-1397840682_thumb.png

Edited by steveyg

steveyg has only ever been out with novices in the past like Actionpigeons and myself. As soon as he goes out with an expert he has a good day.

I think the cartridges and net you suggested contributed nicely...not one crow spooked/saw us.

those hull's hit hard.. :good: :good:

well done son,you have proven to me that you are definitely a chip off the old block.i told you those lessons off me would prove beneficial,well done for the doubles.i bet cannot wait for another lesson off daddy daystate bye

chip off the old block..you earn extra cash as a double for mr Magoo... :lol: keep the lessons coming..

It was a great day out! Thanks for the cartridges too lol.

One very happy Farmer as the crows are a pain for him there.

The last pigeon was paced at 130 paces which I was most happy about :-) an we both had some great shots today an awesome doubles! Plus a great laugh!

cheers Dando..you are due a good day..keep at it

Tim was nearly as good as you for bringing food...we ate a full packet of choc biscuits...happy days

Steve you should know that every day pigeon shooting is a "good day" As for the biscuits that will do your slender frame a load of good !!

It was a great day out! Thanks for the cartridges too lol.

One very happy Farmer as the crows are a pain for him there.

The last pigeon was paced at 130 paces which I was most happy about :-) an we both had some great shots today an awesome doubles! Plus a great laugh!

cracking day...I always have 500 in the freelander just in case.

Nice one with the farmer.. It will be a long time before you nail a bird at that range again..cracking digweed shot :lol:

Steve you should know that every day pigeon shooting is a "good day" As for the biscuits that will do your slender frame a load of good !!

not quite at my fighting weight...I must of lost half a stone carrying all the gear for 1/2 mile today. defo worth it though :good: