Freelander 1 HELP!!

paddymax123

Hi guys

I have a 2005 Freelander land rover TD4 without a sunroof. I have the problem that for some reason my two side brake lights wont work yet the middle one above the spare tire will. I have checked every single fuse in the car and they are all fine as well as checking the bulbs themselves and they are fine too. the reversing lights work fine so it is not the wiring to them that is the problem nor the brake switch. All advice welcome apart from if it is the same as my granddads who wants to cut holes in the car in order to find the problem!!

Although i,m no expert my brother in law has a freelander and of the three rear brake lights one is at high level and the other two are in the bumper not the rear quarter panel. i presume that is what philm means. Can't really advise on your problem but make sure any plugs/wires are connected to the lights in the bumpers.The high level lamp gets power from a different wire i think.

good luck and i hope i haven't confused you further.

Hi, My brake lights were stuck on and I found the answer from the LRUK forum. Check that you have the correct bulbs fitted the replace the brake light switch. These routinely fail and cause all sorts if problems. It is however a cheap fix.

http://www.freelandersparesuk.com/BRAKE_LIGHT_SWITCH/cat419131_1743866.aspx

http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php/99439-Where-is-the-Brake-Switch