Quad question

Markt3815

I would check website but i think it's something like 6 miles a week on public roads, 1 of those rules not really enforced (well atleast not locally)

My van was broke down for a week there in Jan and just drove my ike the 8-10 miles to where i was working then used it in the fields all day, doubt that that would be legal but on back roads all the way. B loody coldest week ever,by time u drove there and then sat on bike all day esp eatig ur lunch in the rain wth no shelter

Those that have no restrictions on agri registered how does that work ? Only asking because the restrictions aren't with your insurance there what's legal on Gov.uk website, on there it says 1.5km between places of work unless I have read it wrong, if I remember I couldn,t find it last time but just googled it now and that's what came up, if I,m wrong please correct me so I can use mine more,

Thanks barney

agri use is only intended for limited use on roads between field use from base so if you get stopped by police say 10 miles from home your technically breaking law as stated restriction is within law not insurance company. my quad came agri registered and i changed it to plg as my permissions are 15 miles away.its to do with tyres also they need to be e rated for road use,depends where you live as too if the police will bother you in sticks no around town probably and get a traffic officer who knows his stuff and your knackered ,lad down here got done on agri on a yamaha banshee was 20 miles from home with off road tyres 3 points for each tyre and insurance charges. from gov site

Using an agricultural quad bike on the road

You can only use an agricultural quad bike on the road if travelling less than 1.5km between sites where you’re using it for agriculture, horticulture or forestry.

An agricultural quad bike used on the road doesn’t need an MOT, but must be registered and licensed for road use and must have a number plate and minimum of third party insurance.

It will also need lights if it’s being used on the road after dark.

Edited by remmy1100

Thanks remmy, that was the bit I read, don,t know what there like round my area so I trailer It and ride between fields on the road less than 1.5 km, I insure with NFU who classed me as a small holder, I questioned this as I am not and was told that was the only way they could do it at the local office, head office wouldn,t do a quad, anyway told them I wasn,t happy with this and they reworded it as use for vermin control, much happier with that now

yeah better safe than sorry the police are clamping down as theres loads of lads getting them for green laning down here and doing agri route to save money but costing them now as they had a blitz up near cheviots one sunday morning and impounded ten quads for invalid insurance and other offences

My honda foreman 450 cost nearly £800 to register plg you then have a road legal quad if you are on agricultural use and are using for social domestic etc and hit somebody you are going to end up in a world of s### fact

How did you go about changing it and what were the costs for ? Cheers

You have to basically measure every radius on every edge plus all light hights etc it's a full sva test which is a nightmare also needed hazard warning lights and a dyno print out the list was endless many new quads which are sold as road legal will probably not pass a uk mot so in 3 years time may not be worth much