will garfit pigeon shooting secrets of consistent success

stuy

Just read this book and without doubt The Best pigeon shooting book around by far , I have read every pigeon book there is to read!, from archie coates to peter theobold etc.. and will garfit s book is so well put together from crops to shooting pigeons over decoys well done mr garfit stuy

Thanks for the heads up - I will look out for it. I remember reading 'Will's Shoot' a few years ago now, and that's another excellent read. He is a very interesting character that's for sure with a knowledge of shooting and the countryside that is second to none.

• 2 weeks later...

I can fully endorse all the good comments made regarding Will Garfit and his pigeon and other shooting books.

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting him on the morning prior to his trip to Wales to addresss the GWCT on 1st. May where he afforded me much of his valuable time.

Anyone seriously interested in pigeon shooting, and I guess that covers all on this forum, should avail themselves of at least 'Will's Pigeon Shooting' if not all of his excellent books. Will is a perfect gentleman , excellent shot, humourous raconteur, wonderfully talented artist and is obviously passionate about pigeon shooting.

He also has some brilliant limited edition prints of his work, particularly pigeon shooting related, as well as prints and originals in sepia and oils of his other work.

I now have a couple of his pigeon related limited edition prints and will continue to obtain more in due course. They are great reminders of pigeon shooting to look at when not out in the hide.

Please note that I have not got shares in his art work or books, but am just a fan !!

Anyone buying any of his books or artwork will not be disappointed.

Chris S

As a footnote to my previous post, I would encourage anyone wishing to obtain any of Will's books to do so from Will direct as opposed to via a popular website bearing the name of a South American river. It may be cheaper via Axxxxn but there is something special having it personally signed, and it will become, if not already, a collectors item of the future and something, as I intend, to be handed down to grandchildren or youngsters who are, after the sportsmen of the future to ensure continuance of our sport.

Will is a very approachable and knowledgeable gentleman who I feel sure will be happy to oblige. Once again, I have not got shares in his work, just a huge fan !!

As a footnote to my previous post, I would encourage anyone wishing to obtain any of Will's books to do so from Will direct as opposed to via a popular website bearing the name of a South American river. It may be cheaper via Axxxxn but there is something special having it personally signed, and it will become, if not already, a collectors item of the future and something, as I intend, to be handed down to grandchildren or youngsters who are, after the sportsmen of the future to ensure continuance of our sport.

Will is a very approachable and knowledgeable gentleman who I feel sure will be happy to oblige. Once again, I have not got shares in his work, just a huge fan !!

ditto! Yes a true gent said he would come down to hereford and shoot the bean stubble with me so looking forward to that ! he is also a very keen bird watcher and angler,

I got the book after stuy's recommendation. Really informative - takes you through the pigeon calendar month by month - and fantastic stories of days out in the field.

Good to hear Will is a nice bloke too and will definitely be buying his other books.

Would recommend to anyone on PW.

Check out his short film on YouTube too.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this recently having seen the recommendation in this thread. As a relative novice, I found it very useful. I even took the kindle version along shooting so I could look at the hide positioning diagrams.

Edited by Zechk