my luck has changed !

ditchman

All ive done since august is moan...NO PIGEONS etc....well things are looking up....like most lads on here im always strapped for cash having got made redundant from a well paid job 6 years ago (thats another story !)

Anyway i managed to sell my pride and joy ..."the game gun" , it was like having an amputation, it went to a friend who has coverted it for a long time and i got top dollar for it....RESULT

So im back to the old Beratta a303 auto, which i really like but have never been able to use to effect....so i yank it out of the cabinate strip it down and start from scratch and remove all the shims...(i like a cast on my guns the side by sides) and put one on the auto....anyway when i assembled it i didnt put any shims back in and when i put it up to my shoulder it sighted sweet as a nut...hhmmm strange that ! so off down the field with the missus wallpaper...(dont ask me what pattern)...i borrowed my mates rifle rest ..set it up on the bonnet of the l/r ...1/4 choke in and point of aim at 15 yds......BANGkechunk !!....walked forward.....spot on....it shoots point of aim...tried again with 1/2 choke BANGkechunk !! walked forward spot on no fliers point of aim confirmed......

Rang my mate up "fancy a few clays at Billy Bells"...no probs so off we go, got the range to ourselves and i says "right give us 4 from the high house " i was on stand 4....missed eveyone !!!....bearing in mind when i use my EX side lock i can usually run to a straight.....so my mate says "can i make a suggestion ?"....."go on then"

"stop throwing the gun about like a sxs slow down and go smooth and pull through"....so i take my time this time....to cut a long story short i did 2 rounds and got a 24 then a 23.....well chuffed its a totally different beast and it needs to be treated differently.....RESULT

Yesterday morning the phone goes and its one of my mates from offshore....have the craec with him and he asks if ive sold my gun yet as he knows im looking to fund a re-con 200tdi implant into the l/r...told him it had gone, he asked me how does it feel to be without a sxs for the first time in over 40years..."gutted" "like a death in the family" he asks if im at home in the afternoon as he is going to drop by....so he drops by and asks me where my shotgun certificate is ?...he has given me his spare sxs a boxlock number 3 !! you cant beat mates can you ?

aaaannd to top it all off i have a lead on a untouched 200tdi defender engine down near the forest of dean

and im off pigeon shooting next week at my old haunt which is rotten with birds...so finally i can get some quality time in as opposed to reading Jdogs and Mottys write ups and cracking pics

things are looking up for me now and i hope they are for you too

all the very best

ditchman

Good luck with your new gun and your search for your new engine. I have been looking at a couple of pea fields out your way on the Readham Rd and I must admit its very quiet out that way, up to now haven't seen enough to have a go at, so lets hope where your going the outlook is brighter. Have a good day.