PW Charity Shoot Raffle

shoot and be safe

As per the title. http://www.pwcharityshoot.co.uk/raffle.html

If anyone has got a prize to offer please post below.

This is for a good cause and raises a lot of money on the day for the chosen charity http://www.orchid-cancer.org.uk/

The list so far:

• SxS Baikal double trigger with 28 inch barrels, donated by Ryan gun and Codeye
  • Revo Venator semi-auto donated by wabbitbosher, full specifications can be seen on Gun Watch or via his website.
  • A selection of top quality own branded goods, donated by Pigeon Watch.
  • Cheddite caps, Cheddite field bag and a slab of their 'top of the range' Cheddite Mach 3 cartridges, donated by Malmo Guns via Willpoon.
  • Napier semi rigid gun slip, donated by Willpoon.
  • 250 Hull Superfast 7.5 shot in Fibre, donated by Widdrington Gun Club via Jack Carter shaun4860.
  • Four lots of ale, containing a selection of 3 bottles from the Copper Kettle Craft Brewery (or for all you Generation Xs their facebook page) via Zapp
  • A day on the Crown shoot, either walk one stand one OR a fully driven day depending on date selected, donated by Paul223.
  • ...as well as...
  • A day on the Crown shoot, either walk one stand one OR a fully driven day depending on date selected, donated by shoot and be safe.
  • Another day at the Crown Shoot - walk one stand one, donated by Magman
  • Leather cartridge bag, donated by bakerboy.
  • A three night stay in a Logpod in Perranporth, Cornwall, donated by rimfire4969 - to be taken outside of the main school summer holidays, full details can be found here
  • A day wildfowling for two guns on the Wash courtesy of the Spalding & District Wildfowlers Association hosted and guided by oxfordfowler - to be taken during the 2014/15 season (Must be BASC members.)
  • A day's individual tuition in a traditional forge located near Southampton - supervised, and donated by an Old farrier
  • A 'new to you' distressing distressed look Browning baseball cap, allegedly fresh from the Essex Masters, offloaded donated by a generous(!) southern shooter via Willpoon - picture available here

As you can see the list is well under way with some great donations.

If you haven't signed up for the shoot yet, please do so.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The raffle tickets need to be bought on the day, as all the prizes are chosen from the table by the winners to make sure that people get the items that they want.

They are £1 a go, and usually sold in a strip of 5 tickets for a fiver :good:

We have run a separate raffle for people not attending the day based on donations to the JustGiving page, and we will be looking to do something similar this year. This is typically for shooting opportunities, and last year a good number of pigeon shooting days were very kindly donated by Pigeon Watch members into this raffle.

Thanks for starting the topic SABS - it would be great to get some more donations in before the shoot, as it is for an extremely worthwhile Charity, and all funds raised will go to them, helping to save lives, research treatments and educate about male cancers

Just to add to the list,

A voucher for a free birds only entry to a 100 bird shoot at Catton Hall shooting ground (I'm sure Pete can add the link when he puts this on the website)

A slab of pigeon cartridges from John Beswick at Rainhill Cartridge Supplies (no website but can be contacted Thursday, Friday & Saturday AM on 0151 426 4607)

I've had a root through some of the things I've acquired over the years and never used and put a few bits and bobs together, only thing I can remember without going to look is a Beretta umbrella still in its wrapping. (Looks a good umbrella but I wouldn't be seen dead with anything Beretta)

Will keep looking and putting the feelers out for more prizes.

Mr Potter

Just to add to the list,

A voucher for a free birds only entry to a 100 bird shoot at Catton Hall shooting ground (I'm sure Pete can add the link when he puts this on the website)

A slab of pigeon cartridges from John Beswick at Rainhill Cartridge Supplies (no website but can be contacted Thursday, Friday & Saturday AM on 0151 426 4607)

I've had a root through some of the things I've acquired over the years and never used and put a few bits and bobs together, only thing I can remember without going to look is a Beretta umbrella still in its wrapping. (Looks a good umbrella but I wouldn't be seen dead with anything Beretta)

Will keep looking and putting the feelers out for more prizes.

Mr Potter

Or Jack Pyke :oops: I remember you mentioning this at the Northwest Christmas Shoot. You also mentioned something about hair dye too :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Well done on your donations :good:

The link for Catton Hall is: http://www.cattonhall.co.uk/outdoor-activities/clay-pigeon-shooting/

Aye, Aye, Aye - you all know I was picking up a shot glass :yes: :yes: :yes::friends::drinks::ernyha: I never sleep as long as there is alcohol on the go :P:devil::blush::ninja:

ps. we have learned to pick it up with our hands :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by Tam

Brilliant - sorry I hadn't seen the topic for a couple of days and great to see some more donations for the raffle - also I have had a couple of PMs, I think I have got them all - Magman, Mr Potter, Catton Hall, John Beswick, PhilR and leeds chimp take a bow for excellent generosity - I have added these to the list and when Pete gets a chance I am sure he will upload onto website. :good:

750 cartridges up for grabs, a side by side, and a semi automatic, and plenty of shooting and other interesting pieces, definitely going to help raise a really good amount of money for Orchid Cancer :)