PW Charity Shoot Raffle

shoot and be safe

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A massive thank you to Oxfordfowler and his friend for taking Stealth Stalker (and I as his +1) out wildfowling at Shep White's yesterday... a truly amazing experience, beautiful, informing, muddy and knackering. I even managed to bag a Widgeon.

Stealth Stalker and Molly...

IMG_4439_zpsff77a970.jpg

Gutted i thought i'd pressed record when this murmuration of Golden Plover engulfed us, but alas cold muddy hands and a fear of dropping my phone prevented it...

IMG_4433_zpsaf2cc927.jpg

IMG_4440_zps50bc0f02.jpg

could have done with the overcast day that was forecast, its was bright blue and sunny... still i'd rather that than freezing rain!

Glad you enjoyed your day Beardo , I would normally been down Sheps but was elsewhere trying to bag that elusive pinkfoot ( elusive no more )

Any duck down there is hard earned so you did well bagging the widgeon .

From where you are shooting looks like you had a little stroll :)

I think it's fair to say that Beardo & Stealth stalker got the full experience - a long walk and loads of mud.

Rather disappointed with the number of ducks that were moving at first light (would have liked for the two guest to have had a couple of chances at Duck) - although we did get under one skein of Pinks all the others passing high and very wide.

Nice to see Beardo take the chance at the widgeon.

Naturally we finished the experience off with the traditional breakfast.

Had a great day and thank you to Stealth and Beardo for joining in the spirit of the day - despite the long walk the mud and sweat they were still smiling when we got back to the car.

Pleased you had a good time beardo and stealth. The previous Saturday I took out paul223 (who won one of my days) and as an extra favour we had philmypower and another guy from the Crown shoot join us for two flights. I know they enjoyed their first ever visit to the wash and got some shooting. I will leave it to the guys to give their account of the day once they are dry and defrosted. I will say it was great to meet up with them again and a pleasure to share my passion for wildfowling with them.

Your the next victim.....guest old farrier.

Pleased you had a good time beardo and stealth. The previous Saturday I took out paul223 (who won one of my days) and as an extra favour we had philmypower and another guy from the Crown shoot join us for two flights. I know they enjoyed their first ever visit to the wash and got some shooting. I will leave it to the guys to give their account of the day once they are dry and defrosted. I will say it was great to meet up with them again and a pleasure to share my passion for wildfowling with them.

Your the next victim.....guest old farrier.

Philmypower is still stuck in the mud :whistling: and the 2 Paul's are cleaning behind there ears :lol:

Enjoyed your write up Beardo. Brought back fond memories of my trip out on shep whites with ayano3 last year :good: although we didn't venture out as far as Andersons. Still brought back plenty of mud though :yes: The little pup left hers on the bed sheets in the Travelodge :blush:

Yeah... a big thanks to Oxfordfowler and his brother who really gave us wildfowling virgins a proper insight into their passion, it was an amazing day out!

Just getting out there was a thrill in itself, navigating through the criss cross of gulleys and creeks in the dark caught a few of us out...eh! Stuart :lol: & I doubt there's many porky wildfowlers out there? That was some workout in the mud!

I was the only one with an opportunity at the Pinks, which I duly messed up :/ but apart from that I had a really good day

Thanks again :good:

SS

• 2 weeks later...

As AYA had managed to double book himself for Saturday I was happy to take OF and his friend out for the morning flight.

Well as arranged we dragged OF and his mate (John) out onto the marsh Saturday morning.

Met up as arranged in the car park at 04:45, made our introductions before kitting up and heading for the marsh. After walking some distance along the sea wall we split into 2 groups John accompanied by Tony G and my brother carrying on with OF and myself heading for one of the closer creeks.

OF and myself did not have a very productive flight as nothing came our way whatsoever, we did hear numerous shots from further along the marsh as the Geese came in. On the bright side we were treated to a display of Pink Feet as several hundred flew high and/or wide of us during the morning.

OF enjoyed the sights and sounds of the marsh with the movement of the bird and seal populations as the tide changed. The big sky and openness of the Wash as the light grew was an something he had never previously experienced.

Unfortunately time passed all too quickly and soon it was time to return to the sea wall and meet up with the other half of the party. Smiles all around from John who was carrying a Pink that he had brought down during the early morning (as Tony G was with John he will have to report on what happened).

As is the tradition now we all retired to the local cafe and enjoyed a well earned "Full English".

It was nice to meet up with OF and John and I trust they will enjoy the rest of their weekend in the company of AYANO3 and BIG MAT.

No pressure then Graham - Pink on the first morning flight :lol::whistling: Just wish there had been a few ducks about.

• 1 month later...

The day I offered on the Crown Shoot has become available again dew to unforeseen circumstances by the original winner.

It is up for auction in off topic in aid of Orchid and is for a FULLY DRIVEN DAY.

It is for this Saturday, 10th January

Have a look here.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/302421-charity-day-on-the-crown-shoot-this-saturday/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2723502