GUN PURCHASE SCAM !!! BE WARNED.

Please ignore any communications from " Jordan David", or any other enquiries worded as below, or similar.

"Hi,i am a Navy (USNR -VS-82, NAS Alameda, VS-82.), I'm buying this for
my friend as a surprise gift, so i'm willing to offer you the amount
you required.
Due to the hectic nature of my job, the only mode of payment that
best suit this transaction is Paypal therefore i have made arrangement
with my agent who is a registered arm dealer to come pick it up when
payment has been cleared in your account so i would want you to get
back to me with your pay pal email address for me to make payment to
you and perhaps, your pick up address so i can have my agent to
schedule pick up appointment after payment.
Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)asking price once again for confirmation?

Thanks and God bless
From
Jordan David."

This is a Scam.

Mr Jordan David has emailed me about two higher end guns this pm. It's not the first time that this type of **** has entered my inbox. There are a number of Nigerian based scams that operate on similar lines. They all usually start by asking whether the "item" is still available for sale. The dopey/lazy ******** don't even know what it is they are trying to con you on. Just send emails to the trash and forget about them.

Steve

Just got this email

Hi,i am a Navy (USNR -VS-82, NAS Alameda, VS-82.), I'm buying this for my friend as a surprise gift, so i'm willing to offer you the amount you required.

Due to the hectic nature of my job, the only mode of payment that best suit this transaction is Paypal therefore i have made arrangement with my agent who is a registered arm dealer to come pick it up when payment has been cleared in your account so i would want you to get back to me with your pay pal email address for me to make payment to you and perhaps, your pick up address so i can have my agent to schedule pick up appointment after payment.

Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?

2) Pick up Location?

3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment

4)asking price once again for confirmation?

Thanks and God bless

From

Jordan David.

I had an email from darrenswildcamping about the BSA .22 pump I have advertised asking me if I would send it to his home address :no: . Lots of emails back and forth with him trying to convince me that a number of gunshops (RFD's) had posted him numerous air rifles contrary to the VCR Act. What a numpty!

Has anyone gone through with it to see who turns up to collect as 'his agent' :whistling:

There is no agent - he just wants the cash he tricks you into sending. I've seen this scam done before outside of PayPal too - they order a whole load of stuff from a company - and pay directly into your bank account. They over-pay, and request you send the difference back to them via bank-transfer. Unfortunately they pay this money into your account using a stolen cheque, so once it bounces, the bank takes the whole amount back from you and you're out of pocket.

Edited by aris

There is no agent - he just wants the cash he tricks you into sending. I've seen this scam done before outside of PayPal too - they order a whole load of stuff from a company - and pay directly into your bank account. They over-pay, and request you send the difference back to them via bank-transfer. Unfortunately they pay this money into your account using a stolen cheque, so once it bounces, the bank takes the whole amount back from you and you're out of pocket.

+1

I was done when selling soming about 10 years ago. I was one of the first in the uk, even the bank at the time had not heard about it but within a week of my transaction another 200 odd were reported. Luckly the bank wrote it off as fraud and nothing came back on me but had to prove lots of emails etc. That was for £3500 as well.

Michael

Guest rimotu66

Would it work the same with paypal though? I guess it could as you pp account is linked to your bank account.

Im nit sure how it will work, Mabey there bank acount might fail to produce the money which would then cancel the transaction and with draw the money from you acount.

By which point they have sent a sob story though on how they cant go though with it etc and need the money back. Probaly insit its via gift and that is you can get your money back and all before paypal have noticed.

Or like the cheque they send you more than the goods amount and ask for you to transfer the rest back to a diffrent acount via gift and then as above (and below)

With the cheque they get you send the extra money back via western union transfer (paypal was still very new 10 years ago when i got done) and with western union, once the money has been sent there is no way of getting it back.

Once i sent it i got a email saying there son needed some urgent medical treatment and they could not go though with it anymore etc so could i send them the rest of the money back but keep £100 for my troubles etc.

Luckly by then the bank have contacted me and they did not get the other money. They still managed to pocket over £1000.

Hope that makes sense, makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Michael

There is no intention to pay the original payment - so how that payment is made is not really relevant - it just has to look genuine. A paypal payment which comes into your account, or a deposit into your bank account. These look genuine, but are not "guaranteed" . Paypal payments are subject to chargebacks, and cheque deposits can bounce. You can read more about it here:

http://netcred.co.uk/security/overpayment-or-advance-payment-scam.html

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-cheque-overpayment-fraud

Edited by aris

How the scam works is that the Buyer will make a payment via PayPal for too much, then request you transfer some money to his bank account to cover the difference. Once he has your money PayPal will be in touch and void the money transfer you have received.

The scam is being operated regardless of the item for sale, the fact these are for guns is totally coincidental.

Autotrader, Gumtree, eBay and all other sites where secondhand items are being sold by the owner have been targeted.

Clearly, some people must be taken in , or they wouldn't continue to try the scam.

If a Gun watch Seller has any concerns or queries, they should contact Admin immediately and we will sort it out.