tablets

overandunder2012

Ibuprofen!

Didn't get on with it too well :no: Should have spent the extra on Diazapam instead! :D

I Bought the young un a Kindle Fire HD and it seemed fine to me! The reviews claimed the Nexus 7 was better! SWMBO Bought the Nexus for HER lad, sat in a cupboard ever since :no:

I have a Galaxy TAB and find that is fine for my needs! There are tablets as cheap as about £40 if you shop about, but I wouldn't think they were too clever.

i went with the samsung galaxy tab 3 was on special offer at tesco for £79 quid an absolute bargain everything i wanted it to do it does and more performs great with games the hardwares pretty good and it was down from £139 so im well pleased i must admit i dont know how people cope without flash a big chunk of the net would be missing.

i went with the samsung galaxy tab 3 was on special offer at tesco for £79 quid an absolute bargain everything i wanted it to do it does and more performs great with games the hardwares pretty good and it was down from £139 so im well pleased i must admit i dont know how people cope without flash a big chunk of the net would be missing.

Adobe have stopped updating flash for android. You can still download old versions, but no guarantee it will work in the future. Flash is dead - and not having it has not bothered me much as most websites are moving away from it.

Personally I use Apple/iOS. Android is a security nightmare - don't keep any personal data on there, or use it for any financial transactions. There is just too much malware and security holes to contend with. Also, when it comes to operating system updates, you are at the mercy of your phone vendor.

One advantage of Android devices though is the initial purchase price. If that is a strong motivator - then go Android, but keep the security aspects in mind.

I have an old Blackberry Playbook.

It's not as good as the iPad for general browsing etc but 1 major factor in its favour is that it has a mini HDMI output, all you need is a cable and you can drive any TV with

an HDMI input.

This has been great on holiday as I've been able to load up a few films so we can all watch a film if the weather isn't great.

Do any other tablets have HDMI output ?

Nial